AR-15 guys, what sights?

jman511115

Established Member
I'm building an AR-15, I'm looking for flip up front and rear sights that won't get in the way of a scope. What do you suggest? The fronts will either be rail mounted or I might look for something that has the gas block, sight, and a bottom rail for a bipod all integral.

DEAD EYE

You must defeat Shenglong
Established Member
Sweet , why not go for a lower 1/3 co-witness? Also, take a look at the grip pod for a bi-pod.

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Lauretactical.com sells a package of Troy sights, front and rear for $250. Flip up, rail mounted.

And on that note, I'd stay away from Arms sights because a.) I've heard of lots of failures, and b.) the owner has been a bit of a d-bag and is suing everyone in the business including Larue for copyright infringement issues that are ridiculous.

jman511115

Established Member
Sweet , why not go for a lower 1/3 co-witness? Also, take a look at the grip pod for a bi-pod.

Huh?

Lauretactical.com sells a package of Troy sights, front and rear for $250. Flip up, rail mounted.

And on that note, I'd stay away from Arms sights because a.) I've heard of lots of failures, and b.) the owner has been a bit of a d-bag and is suing everyone in the business including Larue for copyright infringement issues that are ridiculous.

Did you mean laruetactical? I'll check em out.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Huh?

Did you mean laruetactical? I'll check em out.

ar-15.com

laruetactical.com

I had a beautiful set of folding iron sights bookmarded on my old computer, wish i could remember what they were.

what are the specs of this gun?

dogmush

Established Member
Plans for the weapon? Price range? Duty weapon or toy?

I really like my Magpul flip-ups, but they are definatly a back up sight. Light and low profile though, and priced well.

jman511115

Established Member
ar-15.com

laruetactical.com

I had a beautiful set of folding iron sights bookmarded on my old computer, wish i could remember what they were.

what are the specs of this gun?

Plans for the weapon? Price range? Duty weapon or toy?

I really like my Magpul flip-ups, but they are definatly a back up sight. Light and low profile though, and priced well.

Going to be a mainly target rifle, I've got a few shotguns for when I might actually need to shoot someone. I'm going with a 20" bull barrel, magpul stock, an A3 upper, and haven't figured out much beyond that. The sights are going to be my main way of pointing the gun until I can save up enough for a good scope. .223. Budget is around 1k initially, but I'm sure I'll be adding to it in the future for upgrades. Don't want to go nuts with accessories, just going to be a scope, irons, and possibly a bipod.

Users who are viewing this thread