AR-15 in Miami

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I am looking to add another AR-15 to my collection. Can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable online dealer with fair prices or a shop in Dade or Broward County, Florida?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
yeah what kind are you looking for Adam???

are you left handed?

Evenflow

Established Member
I just ordered a spikes tactical for $799 they have a 5% off for $735

awesome rewvies on this piece as well!

Jefe

Established Member
Do you want an expensive one or just a decent shooter?

CMMG has M4gerys for $600.
:lol: Would you consider this better than a decent shooter? Forgery? Is that why they are cheaper than anywhere else?

Evenflow

Established Member
Check out spikes tactical man. They got LOTS of awesome reviews from AR15 forum members. Here is the rifle I just purchased

$799.95 and there is a 5% coupon code "arfcom"

txyaloo

Established Member
:lol: Would you consider this better than a decent shooter? Forgery? Is that why they are cheaper than anywhere else?

M4gery is a general term for any M4 "clone". I consider the CMMG bargain bin guns a great gun for the price. Most are brand new, and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with them.

dogmush

Established Member
Adam, I'd say go with Spike's too. I've done buisness with them on a couple of occasions and they've always been great. Their weapons are nice with good priceing as well.

They also usually have tables at the Suncoast gun shows with good deals (Like free guncases and such) if you buy a rifle. The show's in Ft. Lauderdale on April 10-11.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Do you want an expensive one or just a decent shooter?

CMMG has M4gerys for $600.

Bargain Bin CMMG, Inc

They're a good value.

If you don't mind paying a little more, I'd get the Colt 6920LE. Here's one fairly local, and $1250 is about the going price on them.

Colt M4 A4 AR-15 6920 NIB! AR15 223 : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

M4gery is a general term for any M4 "clone". I consider the CMMG bargain bin guns a great gun for the price. Most are brand new, and I haven't heard of anyone having problems with them.

I bought my first AR-15 through CMMG's bargain bin late last December. I paid the extra 25$ for the "hand picked." I have nothing but good stuff to say, the gun has performed flawless, and after taking it apart, I can say that my gun was completely brand new. The gun is great and I have no clue why someone would spend more money for another AR-15. I recommend this for anyone else interested and am very happy with my purchase through them.

The process for me was that I had them ship the rifle to a nearby gun store that had an FFL license. Then, with two forms of identification and proof that I'm a U.S. citizen (its considered an assault rifle) they did a background check and charged me a fee (~ 30$) and then I received the gun.

The first two things I did was get an M3 clone red dot sight which cost about 70 bucks (shipped) and a CMMG .22LR conversion kit (which is just a new bolt) for about 180 bucks (came with three .22LR magazines). CMMG's .22LR conversion kit has worked flawless for me on Walmarts Federal .22LR 550 Value Pack ammo with about 1 in 300 having a misfire (the pin hits the cartridge, but it doesn't fire). I've found that racking the slide and trying to re-fire the same cartridge has worked 100% of the time so far.

I've shot about 1500 rounds of .22LR through it so far and 20 rounds of Wolf .223 which costs about 5 bucks per box of 20, and about 200 rounds of Federal .223 through it which costs about 40 bucks per box of 100.

The Wolf is terrible ammo and after taking the gun apart there was a thick carbon build up everywhere which took about 30 minutes to try to clean out. It was terrible and I have another 20 rounds of wolf I'm about to give away, I DO NOT want to shoot it through my gun... It's extremely dirty ammunition.

Both the Federal .22LR and .223 I've shot through it have been very clean and not much leading. I shot some old .22LR's through it at first which weren't copper coated like the Federal .22LR's are, and the barrel got leaded up pretty bad, so I recommend not shooting any ammunition without a jacket or plating.

Also, clean the gun with some gun solvent (Hoppe's #9 is what I use) before you shoot it for the first time because the solvent leaves something behind which makes it much easier to clean up in the future.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Adam - I just picked up a gun from rainierarms.com ($8 shipping from WA took about a week). Check them out depending on what you're price point is. Also, budsgunshop.com if you're looking for bushmaster, colt, etc. That is, if you don't find what you want locally.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Adam - I just picked up a gun from rainierarms.com ($8 shipping from WA took about a week). Check them out depending on what you're price point is. Also, budsgunshop.com if you're looking for bushmaster, colt, etc. That is, if you don't find what you want locally.

Thanks. It seems Buds has an amazing price on the Bushmaster.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I can get the Smith & Wesson M&P 15 A3 Flat top, brand new never fired. In your hands for $849.00. Add $50.00 if you want the A3 Carry Handle. Face to Face in Florida no FFL or shipping cost.

Model: M&P15
Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO / .223
Action: Gas Operated Semi Automatic
Capacity: 30 Rounds, 5.56 mm or .223
Overall Length: 35" Extended / 32" Compacted
Stock: 6-Position Telescopic
Forend: Thermo-Set M4 Handguard
Sight Length: 14.75"
Barrel Length: 16"
Barrel Twist: 1 in 9"
Weight (No Mag): 6.74 lbs.
Trigger Pull: 7 lbs. (approx.)
Upper/Lower Material: 7075 T6 Aluminum
Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
Barrel: Wilson Arms, Chrome Lined.
Receiver and Barrel Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
Front Sight: Adjustable Post
Rear Sight: None

Last edited:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. It seems Buds has an amazing price on the Bushmaster.

Their prices are generally pretty good, they had the Bushmaster M4A3 for sale @ $1150 or so at the height of the gun grab last year, but they've settled down since then.

I recommended them to a friend who drove to their Lexington shop to pick up a Beretta PX4 and he said it was a good experience. They include shipping in the price, although you have to pay a 3% charge for non-cash purchases. Still a good deal considering you wouldn't have to pay sales tax.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I bought my first AR-15 through CMMG's bargain bin late last December. I paid the extra 25$ for the "hand picked." I have nothing but good stuff to say, the gun has performed flawless, and after taking it apart, I can say that my gun was completely brand new. The gun is great and I have no clue why someone would spend more money for another AR-15. I recommend this for anyone else interested and am very happy with my purchase through them.

The process for me was that I had them ship the rifle to a nearby gun store that had an FFL license. Then, with two forms of identification and proof that I'm a U.S. citizen (its considered an assault rifle) they did a background check and charged me a fee (~ 30$) and then I received the gun.

The first two things I did was get an M3 clone red dot sight which cost about 70 bucks (shipped) and a CMMG .22LR conversion kit (which is just a new bolt) for about 180 bucks (came with three .22LR magazines). CMMG's .22LR conversion kit has worked flawless for me on Walmarts Federal .22LR 550 Value Pack ammo with about 1 in 300 having a misfire (the pin hits the cartridge, but it doesn't fire). I've found that racking the slide and trying to re-fire the same cartridge has worked 100% of the time so far.

I've shot about 1500 rounds of .22LR through it so far and 20 rounds of Wolf .223 which costs about 5 bucks per box of 20, and about 200 rounds of Federal .223 through it which costs about 40 bucks per box of 100.

The Wolf is terrible ammo and after taking the gun apart there was a thick carbon build up everywhere which took about 30 minutes to try to clean out. It was terrible and I have another 20 rounds of wolf I'm about to give away, I DO NOT want to shoot it through my gun... It's extremely dirty ammunition.

Both the Federal .22LR and .223 I've shot through it have been very clean and not much leading. I shot some old .22LR's through it at first which weren't copper coated like the Federal .22LR's are, and the barrel got leaded up pretty bad, so I recommend not shooting any ammunition without a jacket or plating.

Also, clean the gun with some gun solvent (Hoppe's #9 is what I use) before you shoot it for the first time because the solvent leaves something behind which makes it much easier to clean up in the future.

ill take the wolf if you wanna give it away i have no problems shooting it through my bushmaster m4

txyaloo

Established Member
Their prices are generally pretty good, they had the Bushmaster M4A3 for sale @ $1150 or so at the height of the gun grab last year, but they've settled down since then.

I recommended them to a friend who drove to their Lexington shop to pick up a Beretta PX4 and he said it was a good experience. They include shipping in the price, although you have to pay a 3% charge for non-cash purchases. Still a good deal considering you wouldn't have to pay sales tax.

Buds is super slow to ship. It took them over a week to ship my USP, but other than that, I don't have any complaints with them.

Users who are viewing this thread