AR guys come in

Red3

Established Member
I am about to start buying parts for my first M4 build. I don't want anything really expensive right now. I have been leaning towards RRA but what other places can I get good deals and be able to find everything I need at one site? What brands are good other than RRA?

dogmush

Established Member
Bravo Company USA
M-A Parts
Model 1 sales

They all sell good parts and kits. I like to get the lower locally if possable. Be prepared to wait a little. M-A has good customer service, but you have to call them. They'll only take orders for what they have in stock at that time. As of yesterday, they had some 16" Carbine kits to sell. Model 1 has like a 6 month backlog.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
After building 2 myself.... I've found that prices now arn't always cheaper to build yourself. My next AR's will be OTS Rock Rivers.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
After building 2 myself.... I've found that prices now arn't always cheaper to build yourself. My next AR's will be OTS Rock Rivers.

I think your wrong. Lets see 900-1000 for a straight up bare bones AR. Or 700-1000 for a build it yourself with some or no goodies.

Here is my latest Build.
LRB Lower $119
YHM Barrel $175
LRB complete Upper $90
Magpul CTR stock and buffer $135
LPK $65
RRA BCG $135
Daniel Defense Light Rail $200
Flash supressor/compensator $9
RRA Flip front sight/gas $95

Total $1023

You wont find one that nice off the shelf for anywhere near that.
Now subtract the CTR and go with 6pos RRA stock. -$50
Now Subtract The Daniel Defense Rail and add standard hand guards. -$170
Now subtract the flip up front sight and go with a regular FSP/gas -$60

Now Where can I get a rifle like that for under $743

You cant. But that is what building it would cost me.

I sourced parts for it in less than 2 weeks time. All parts were brand new. Just have to know where to look. If you don't know. Ask someone.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Here on our local classifieds you can find RRA's with nice stuff for 800-900. RRA's arn't bare bones, they've got one of the best triggers, I love that 2 stage. DPMS's are bare bones. You can find some of them 600-700.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Here on our local classifieds you can find RRA's with nice stuff for 800-900. RRA's arn't bare bones, they've got one of the best triggers, I love that 2 stage. DPMS's are bare bones. You can find some of them 600-700.

I'm sorry. I did not realize we were talking used. RRA and DPMS both make fine rifles. And yes the RRA is bare bones. Yes it has a decent trigger. nothing to write home about. RRA does not have one rifle in it's 5.56 line up that I would consider not being bare bones. Neither does DPMS for that matter. Why are you making it a comparison between the two. as far as entry level AR's Go. I would choose either. Both companies have their strong points.

My point is. Build your own. For the Cost of a NEW Ar. You will have one built by you with the features you want. Or you can build one from used parts and still have a better rifle than a used one. Hell I built one in Feb. with all used parts and some good features for under $600

Last edited:

Red3

Established Member
I really like the POF ones but they are out of my range right now. So RRA is a good company to go with? It wont be very high tech either. I know I want a rail instead of hand guards. I basically want to build it just like my current Colt M4 but without the expensive optics right now. I just wish I could get 3 round burst that my M4 has....

lawdog302

Lets roll with it
Established Member
[ame=http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=81462]So you want to buy an AR-15, huh? - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com[/ame]

This site may help some.

Users who are viewing this thread