Are BC racing coilovers worth buying?

D_workman

Koda_5.0
Established Member
So I made a impulse decision to buy eibach sportline springs for my car. I really wanted coilovers for the adjustability and performance but I'm in high school working a low pay job so I cheaped out. Well now one of my rear shocks are out and I'm trying to decide wether I should get new Shocks, struts, & camber plates or just wait a couple more weeks and just get the bc racing coilovers. If you have, or have had, bc racing coilovers could you share your experience with them and would if you would buy again. Thanks!

Last edited:

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
It's a very general statement, but pretty much every coil-over under $1100 is going to be utilizing a lot of short cuts. Megan and BC sell a lot of coil-overs because people want the "stance" which honestly I'm not knocking. But few are hoping for performance gains.

Are they worse than your OEM shocks with eibach springs? I'm not sure. They'll likely be worse ride quality. A standard koni shock and your springs would likely out perform them.

Here's a thread on them with mixed opinions for you to mull over:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?855716-BC-coilovers

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
If you're just looking to drop your car down, they work fine. If you're looking to get serious about racing, your money is better spent elsewhere

Users who are viewing this thread