are boss mufflers different than gt mufflers?

5ohpowa

Established Member
So i picked up my buddies boss h pipe today to go with my gt500 axle-backs on my 2013 gt. And i was wondering are the boss mufflers differnt that the stock gt mufflers? If so i was going to tell my buddy about them since hes looking to make his a little louder without spending alot of $$$

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Tell him to pick up a set of GT500 ABs for himself. They sound even better with the side exit exhaust on the Boss.

BTW, what's different about the Boss H-pipe than the GT?

5ohpowa

Established Member
Thats my plan ive got the 500ab and the boss mid pipe im going to put on today. I just thought id help him out if they were better than the gt stuff, but they looked identical minus the tip. Thanks for the replys!!!

5ohpowa

Established Member
Tell him to pick up a set of GT500 ABs for himself. They sound even better with the side exit exhaust on the Boss.

BTW, what's different about the Boss H-pipe than the GT?
The h pipe has the side exhaust you already meantioned but it has little restrictor plates you can remove for more sound. My buddy HOOKED me up on his from his '12 boss so i couldnt pass it up. More sound, still emmisions legal and i dont have to retune it(tryin to keep the warranty intact then ill go crazy)

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The h pipe has the side exhaust you already meantioned but it has little restrictor plates you can remove for more sound. My buddy HOOKED me up on his from his '12 boss so i couldnt pass it up. More sound, still emmisions legal and i dont have to retune it(tryin to keep the warranty intact then ill go crazy)
oh, I didn't know you were referring to that entire setup as the h-pipe.

I would love to have the quad exhaust, but not where near enough $$ for that right now. :(

Users who are viewing this thread