Are the 02 Cobra's going to hace a 6spd.?

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Not a chance....

The big change is the Mach 1000 Stereo, BTW, I think it is alot extra... also, both the Mach 460 and the 1000 will have a speed sensitive volume... I think someone on this forum already figured it out on the '01.....they are also renaming some of the colors..

I have a copy of the 2002 Cobra ordering info in .pdf form if you want.. let me know and I will email you a copy..

TRY2PAZ

Established Member
Yes,
I would appreciate the info on the 02 cobras. I don't care about the stereo, I will change it out anyways.
Thanks

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
What Ford needs to do...

is stop making all of these one offs and start putting the money into to whole of development. Like putting a six speed in and beefing up the engine.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Not a chance....

Originally posted by MineralGSVT
I have a copy of the 2002 Cobra ordering info in .pdf form if you want.. let me know and I will email you a copy..
Ooooh, yes. I'd like be included in that e-mailing, please :D.

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Ooops!

Looks like I sent them the Mustang '02 guide.. and now I can't seem to find the Cobra one...

I'll keep looking!

Hamilton,

That show is Sunday, the 7th at River Falls Mall in Clarksville.. I'm sure you know where it is since you bought your new Cobra at Carriage Ford!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
and the fact that i work right next to it at biggs on the weekends. i wish i'd know about it, i didn't see your post until today, and i got off work early too!

SVTNICK

Established Member
By chance did you find the order form for the 2002 Cobra. My SVT dealer said they know nothing about the 2002's yet, and are not yet taking orders. I found what you have about the 2002 GT's on Fords website. No luck on the Cobra form yet. Im defiantely curious as to what is in store for 2002. Let us know if you find it so we can start drueling.

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
2002 COBRA INFO

THE 2002 COBRA WILL HAVE A 6SPD AND SEEMS ALSO TO BE SUPERCHARGED ON THE ORDER SCREENS CURRENTLY WE HAVE AT THE DEALERSHIP. AS BOTH A SALESMAN AND THE OWNER OF A 2001 COBRA CONVERT I AM BOTH HAPPY AND SAD TO SEE THESE CHANGES. I DONT LIKE THE TREMEC 3650 AND WISH I HAD THE SUPERCHARGER MAYBE ILL UPGRADE HOPE TO GET BETTER SPECS SOONER.

SVTNICK

Established Member
Cobra Jim, Have they announced how many of these they will build?? I heard it will be alot less than before due to the impending release of the Mach 1 and Boss models in the near future. I guess Fords marketing department is milking this dominance in the market for all its worth.

Here is a good article in this months Motor Trend for those interested.

http://www.motortrend.com/sept01/ponycar/1.html

Users who are viewing this thread