Are the window switches & lock/unlock supposed to light up?

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Are the automatic window switches and lock/unlock switches supposed to light up when the car lights are engaged....I just noticed that they don't light up on my car...It just makes it kinda hard to locate them at night especially with tinted windows blocking out most any background lighting...Also what about the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel?....Thanks again.

-pete:coolman:

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
No, the lettering and arrows are just painted on. It's been that way since the introduction of the SN95 in '94.

maoun

Established Member
unfortunately not....but i knew a guy that once drilled a little hole above the door handles and put in a small light-bulb so people could find that at night......seems like way too much effort for what it's worth....but then again, none of my passengers can EVER find the handle at nite. and now with the handle scoops being painted redfire, i'm sure they're gonna scratch em up nice and good

m.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Bwahahaha! The car would be $45k based on Ford's marketing model if they were lighted. They just are not putting money in this model - like fattening up a death row inmate - what would be the point? People who buy Mustangs will buy them without all the geegaws - people who buy Lexus's won't. Companies use their target marketing audience when determining features.

That said, I would be surprised if the new Mustang does not have them, if only for legal reasons to avoid litigation.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Thanks guys for the input...I was driving home last night in my moms Mark VIII and of course her window switches lite up...I just thought I would ask...Take care

-pete:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread