Are these dyno #'s acceptable??

bborder

Established Member
I just had my 03 dyno'd today. The only modification is a UPR Cold Air kit. I have 1500 miles on the car. It only put down 345hp/347tq. Needless to say, its a far cry from what I was expecting. The dyno was done immediately following an hour long drive to the shop and it was 95 degrees outside. My first thought is to blame it on the temperature but would that be accurate or are these numbers just too low? My calculation brings the crank HP to 405hp which is acceptable based on the 390hp rating but I was still hoping for more after seeing everyone else's dyno quite higher. Any suggestions for tracking down a problem if there is one? Like bad cats??? I'm grasping for straws here but I'm just hoping that I'm not stuck with these low baseline numbers.

Rwick7

Established Member
Was it a dynojet or mustang dyno?

Either way I wouldn't worry about it to much every dyno is different...what really matters are track times

1qwkpny

Established Member
well said, but my favorite mod asides from gears, cai +filter, and muffs, is a good h/x pipe.......

f4sfed

Established Member
Don't fret (whatever THAT means), see my sig for my dyno numbers. I'm gonna try to get back there to have mine redyno'd.

Rwick7! Aren't you gone yet!?!

bborder

Established Member
Dynojet. I've never gone to the dragstrip because I only roadrace- guess its time for me to get out there.

kino

Established Member
You know I was thinking. How far up on the dyno did they run it to? Did they go to redline? I would try another dyno and then see what is going on. Also check out your A/F and compare them to other Cobra A/F.

Smrgol

Were those numbers actual or corrected? 95 degrees is hot and a power robber. Humidity and barometric pressure are also important.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by bborder
I just had my 03 dyno'd today. The only modification is a UPR Cold Air kit. I have 1500 miles on the car. It only put down 345hp/347tq. Needless to say, its a far cry from what I was expecting. The dyno was done immediately following an hour long drive to the shop and it was 95 degrees outside. My first thought is to blame it on the temperature but would that be accurate or are these numbers just too low? My calculation brings the crank HP to 405hp which is acceptable based on the 390hp rating but I was still hoping for more after seeing everyone else's dyno quite higher. Any suggestions for tracking down a problem if there is one? Like bad cats??? I'm grasping for straws here but I'm just hoping that I'm not stuck with these low baseline numbers.

I had mine dyno'd at 600 miles, totally stock, 92 degrees, with about the same in humidity, only got 338rwhp/tq. Took off silencer and air box 2nd pull 348rwhp. Of course I'll never find a cool day in Hawaii. But mods will take care of most of it. Don't worry about it. Every dyno is different and cars are not always the same.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I'm curious...those w/ these lower HP numbers, are your cars first or second run cars?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by dwtalso
Were those numbers actual or corrected? 95 degrees is hot and a power robber. Humidity and barometric pressure are also important.

bborder - as dwtalso implies above here, you might check to see if the numbers they gave you were corrected or not.

bborder

Established Member
I have both the actual and corrected (SAE) numbers on the printout. The actual numbers are slightly lower.

Users who are viewing this thread