Are these Good Headers?

coolguy10786

Established Member
I have them on my cobra right now. Have been on for about 2-3 weeks and have not driven the car more than 10 miles with them on. Horrible ground clearance, mine leak horribly(b/c they are used and have rust damage i wasn't told about), and have horrible clearance around the starter, k member, and a/c lines.

I've installed headers four times, soon to five. This one was worse than doing my bassani mids WITHOUT dropping the k member! And yes i dropped it for these and had a lift!

PIXER

Banned
I have them on my cobra right now. Have been on for about 2-3 weeks and have not driven the car more than 10 miles with them on. Horrible ground clearance, mine leak horribly(b/c they are used and have rust damage i wasn't told about), and have horrible clearance around the starter, k member, and a/c lines.

I've installed headers four times, soon to five. This one was worse than doing my bassani mids WITHOUT dropping the k member! And yes i dropped it for these and had a lift!

Damn! Thought these were supposed to be the "best out there"

coolguy10786

Established Member
I thought so until i saw them first hand. The welds aren't even close to being smooth on the inside and they aren't even SS. Maybe i just got a bad used set, but i was not impressed.

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
^ Next time you do headers checkout SLP they have a great set of headers. I have them on my Mach 1 and getting ready to install on the 99. Great fit with good ground clearance. I think you'll like them.

coolguy10786

Established Member
^ Next time you do headers checkout SLP they have a great set of headers. I have them on my Mach 1 and getting ready to install on the 99. Great fit with good ground clearance. I think you'll like them.

Those were the ones i was going to go with especially b/c of the 1 3/4 primaries, but i heard ground clearance was ok and more importantly you have to loosen a header to get the tranny out.

I went ahead a bought a set of American Racing headers, and very happy with them so far! Just need to put them on.

Pics:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483818

PIXER

Banned

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
I guess technicially the "best out" would be Kooks. I wish American Racing made headers for our year cars, my friend got some on his 99 Camaro SS and they sound unbelieveable.

coolguy10786

Established Member
I guess technicially the "best out" would be Kooks. I wish American Racing made headers for our year cars, my friend got some on his 99 Camaro SS and they sound unbelieveable.

The only thing that is different is the egr location and no SAI ports.

You do have to have a midpipe made to fit, but i think they are more than worth it. I should have mine on next sunday or sat.

Users who are viewing this thread