Are these numbers normal?

adamz1le28

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I brought my car to the dyno yesterday for the first time since installing a 2.93" pulley. The car has the mods that are listen in my sig.

First of all my A/F was off, it was at 12.7-12.9 the entire pull. The car ended up putting down 467 rwhp and 407 ft/lbs. Once I install a new tune and some TR6's, I assume those numbers will climb even a bit more.

I'm just wondering if those numbers seem normal to everyone, they seem kind of high to me. I'm definitely not complaining, I just expected about 460 rwhp with the A/F right on the money and I got those high numbers with a bad A/F. Plus, the car was heatsoaked.

Are those high or normal?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I made 445hp/465tq with similar mods as you have. The high hp number you are seeing is most likely due to the extremely high A/F ratio, and the low torque is most likely due to tip in belt slip. Get your A/F dialed in, and your plugs changed ASAP. Also, how much timing are you commanding?

-Jeff

ArtMan

Established Member
My numbers with the following mods and no tune. I now believe in getting a custom tune with just CAI and exhaust.

K&N FIPK CAI, Bassani 2.5” X pipe w/cats, Bassani 2.5” cat back.

beforemodssml.jpg

sedanman

Established Member
Your af is really lean get it fixed before drive it hard. How much timming? The torque is definately way off, and I agree that the HP is a hair high probably because of the lean condition.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
adamz1le28 said:
I brought my car to the dyno yesterday for the first time since installing a 2.93" pulley. The car has the mods that are listen in my sig.

First of all my A/F was off, it was at 12.7-12.9 the entire pull. The car ended up putting down 467 rwhp and 407 ft/lbs. Once I install a new tune and some TR6's, I assume those numbers will climb even a bit more.

I'm just wondering if those numbers seem normal to everyone, they seem kind of high to me. I'm definitely not complaining, I just expected about 460 rwhp with the A/F right on the money and I got those high numbers with a bad A/F. Plus, the car was heatsoaked.

Are those high or normal?

That is NOT a safe tune, and with very low torque. Since you live in MA, take your car to www.Performance-dyno.com Pete will get you straightened out, and get you PONIES and TORQUE, and with a SAFE tune. Trust me. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread