Are they shipping?

skstang

Established Member
Just got off the phone with VOPC. My vert was enitially scheduled for May 20 build then moved to May 24. Now they say there is still a quality hold on the Cobra's. It is now scheduled for build of June 17th. I am thinking now I wont see this car untill the end of summer. I'm giving up on looking in on the delivery date. When it gets here it gets here. I'M BEATING MYSELF TO DEATH WAITING. I've come to the conclusion that Ford cant get shit right to begin with. Dont give me this B.S. of Ford wants to get it right the first time. This thing was introduced in Feb in Chicago. I know there is allot of things different from the 01 model but what the hell have they been doing since the 01? They had to be working on this car. It is still the same car with modifications. By the time they release this thing they will have to put the second batch into production. This sucks:mj:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
I just called SVT, Steve told me that although they don't have an exact ship date right now. There are no issues with the Cobra's and they will be shipping cars very soon... We will start seeing them at dealers in a couple weeks. If your like me and supposedly being built this week... then you might have to wait another month before you get it...

skstang

Established Member
I here you vintage, sold mine in March. I would have never sold it so early if I knew it was going to take so long to get. SVT isn't telling us anything either. They have a captive audience they dont have too.

skstang

Established Member
Vintage- good news

The Ford 2003 SVT Cobra has been in production since May 8, 2002.

After an extensive quality check by Ford Engineers and Dearborn Plant Managers, the OK - to - SHIP order was given on May 30.

Units should start arriving at SVT dealerships in June.

hantzis

Established Member
Talked to Quentin today at 1800-ford-svt
He said as of 5/30 no Cobras have been shipped, but they plan to ship out next week.

Users who are viewing this thread