Are Trap Speeds the same for both RWD and FWD?

chrisle7220

Established Member
Well the question that has arisen with me and all my friends is, are trap speeds different between FWD and RWD? Ive heard that the less traction you have, the higher the trap speed? Meaning that if u spin and smoke your tires at the launch, your trap speed will be higher, and you know how FWD are at spinning. :lol: But then ive heard that traction gives you better trap speeds. Another question is, if a FWD car traps 120 and my RWD car traps 120, would it be dead even on the street(highway)? Could someone maybe clarify all this? Me and my buds have been arguing on this issue for a while now and we want to get all your input. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
To a point that's true. Usually though you're spinning because the tires you have aren't a sticky compound and they'll allow you to trap higher. I've noticed when I run slicks I don't trap as high but of course I run better et's because of the traction. If a FWD and RWD are running similar et's and trap speeds, I'd assume that they'd run pretty even on the highway.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
all depends on the car and the set up IMO. The spinning tire / trap speed coralation (sp?) applys both to FWD and RWD cars. As for the same traps on rwd v fwd, from a roll I'd say it would be even, but depending on the 60' and 330' it would all just dpending.....

Users who are viewing this thread