Are you a Do it yourselfer or Pay for it?

Do it yourselfer or Pay for it?

• Do it yourself

Votes: 142 78.9%
  • Pay for it to be done

Votes: 38 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pony23

Established Member
Do it yourselfer here too. But through the years i've learned that it is sometimes easier to pay for someone.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I use to pay for stuff, now I try to do it on my own.... I always did my own maintmance, but I will install the bap/injectors/whipple and all the supporting mods myself along with a off road pipe. The only thing that I don't feel comfortable doing is a clutch and a complete engine rebuild.

20psirabbit

Established Member
for me it depends, some jobs are just worth it to me to pay someone else to do it. like when i had my irs bushings installed, i have enough reasons to cuss already LOL

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'll give anything a shot, it's not rocket science. Take it apart and put it back the same way lol

Tuning is a little different

snakecharmer

Established Member
Pay for it. I am completely incompetent with a wrench and have no desire to screw up my car trying to learn.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I pay for it and I am not ashamed

...just never was much of a mechanic and have no patience :shrug:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
So far I've done everything myself except for the subframe connectors and gears. I'm certainly not above paying someone though if I don't feel comfortable doing it. Wiring, for instance, is something that I hate to touch.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I am a DIY'er but have been paying for it here lately because I am out here in the sandbox and want to drive my car when I am home on vacation rather than work on it LOL

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. I have witnessed too many "experts" screw up a piece of equipment because of their incompetence. For example, take a look at 95% of car audio installs. Looks like a blind monkey did them.

Users who are viewing this thread