Are you a good parent?

Chopin

Seeker of Truth
Established Member
My parents were pretty crappy. I was raised mostly by my grandmother.

So I long ago decided that if and when I had kids, I would do everything I could to be a good father to my children.

I am proud to say that I have a good set of kids. I give them plenty of my time, my industry, my wisdom, and disciplin.

Tell us how you are with your kids.

wally9404

Established Member
i have a nineteen year year old in college and he pretty much keeps me in the poor house,but i will do anything to make sure he gets a good education,so i would have to say i am a good parent.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
WOW. Its great to hear kids appreciate their parents.

weird huh? as i got older i really understood how much they sacrafice for me and its unbelievable
my parents go above and beyond for me and i appreciate it very much, and hope to return the favor one day.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Good question I ask myself this all the time, I also was rasied mostly by my grand parents, it was hell going through a divorce as a kid and I made a promise I would do everything in my power not to be anything like what I saw in my parents as a child.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
weird huh? as i got older i really understood how much they sacrafice for me and its unbelievable
my parents go above and beyond for me and i appreciate it very much, and hope to return the favor one day.

Pay back is passing it on to your own kids.

I think I heard an old saying recently: "No serpant's tooth sharper than an unappreciative child."

Someone correct me if that isn't right.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Pay back is passing it on to your own kids. I think I heard an old saying recently: "No serpant's tooth sharper than an unappreciative child." Someone correct me if that isn't right.

Good quote:beer: I have a stepson & stepdaughter as well as a son of my own. All are treated equally and for the most part they appreciate what we do for them.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member

+1 couldnt of said it better myself. I was raised by my grandparents and my parents so i love them to death, sometimes i think they spoil me too much. :p

Last edited:

silver03tt

Established Member
My dad died when I was six but my mom is an excellent parent. With a four year old son myself I try to enjoy every minute with him and want to watch him grow up. With this in mind you never know what's around the corner so enjoy them.:)

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
:beer: To the kids that appreciate ther parents, I hope I leave that same impression on mine.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I totally appreciate what my parents did for me and how they raised me.

The only thing I woulda changed is not let them move down to FL away from all my family. I grew up only seeing my extended family once a year.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I'm workin' on it! I've got a 6 year old and a 2 year old...both girls. One I'll teach my "redneck wrenchin' ways" and the other I'll let momma influence.

Both will get all I can offer and will be set to take on the world!

There's being a man...

...being a husband

But NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING is like being a parent.

canibus

Established Member
my mom raised me, she's definetly lived a rags to riches life. We're not rich, but considering where we came from we're doing alright. I've been one of the older kids in the family, most my cousins are younger. So i've had a hand in raising a lot of them. some lived with us for such a long time and i took care of them for so long that i felt like a dad. Most consider me their favorite cousin. I feel i've done well with kids and feel i'll do fine with my own. What i've learned is that kids won't show appreciation at a young age. most show it once they get to about my age (23). so don't get discouraged if you think your kids hate you.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I didn't have the best childhood growing up financially or supportively. My mom was dirt poor, I was always getting moved around or tossed back in forth in custody battles. She didn't really prevent me from making bad decisions or guide me in anyway. Up until I moved in with my father at 17 I started getting away from all of my bad habits and friends.

Today I don't even understand how I was the person in the past. Meeting my wife and raising Kaitlyn really changed things in the matter of years. But I am glad things happened the way they did because to me it defiantly makes me try my hardest for my kid(soon to be kids). I have a lot of respect for things that I probably wouldn't have if I didn't experience a rough child hood. My life consist of nothing but always making my wife and child #1 priority and I couldn't see it any other way now.

Our little girl is extremely smart. She is well mannered and polite. I make sure I tell her that I love her at least 10 times a day and i always will even when she gets embarrassed. Same with my son when he comes into the world. They will always be provided with the life I always wish I could have lived as a child.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
i have a nineteen year year old in college and he pretty much keeps me in the poor house,but i will do anything to make sure he gets a good education,so i would have to say i am a good parent.

I know what you are talking about. I have two in college,plus one a senior in HS and a boy who graduated recently from highschool that is autistic. Makes for some challenging times but the challenge has been worth it without a doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread