are you happy with it? yes? no? on-the-fence?

are you happy with it?

• YES

Votes: 222 55.5%
  • NO

Votes: 57 14.3%
  • ON-THE-FENCE

Votes: 121 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skulls

Established Member
i would love to have a 2015--but i jut got two new cars. So im in to be the 1st to trade off my straight axle for an IRS setup from a 15, I hope they bolt up.

Im not sure they will...the new 15 has a massive redesign rear suspension and the '15 is wider then he s197, but I know they did extensive road testing with s197 body and the new IRS...So who knows. I hope its an easy and not to expensive of a swap out, 'cause I really want to make the swap happen.

skulls

Established Member
The more I see of it, the more I dislike it...I was swayed for the first few days to liking it, but the more I see of it...the more I dislike it. I think ill like it a couple years when they refine it a bit more.

c. love

Established Member
Im not sure they will...the new 15 has a massive redesign rear suspension and the '15 is wider then he s197, but I know they did extensive road testing with s197 body and the new IRS...So who knows. I hope its an easy and not to expensive of a swap out, 'cause I really want to make the swap happen.

Im banking on what ford usually does. The 79 fox until the 04 was very similar suspension wise. Like wise for the 05- present. so i hope the case is the same with the 15. Them testing with a s197 points to them being able to easily bolt on the rear suspension.

skulls

Established Member
Im banking on what ford usually does. The 79 fox until the 04 was very similar suspension wise. Like wise for the 05- present. so i hope the case is the same with the 15. Them testing with a s197 points to them being able to easily bolt on the rear suspension.

I do know FORD pointed out that because the intention was to switch to irs with the '15, they were able to design the chasis around the new irs instead of the irs around the chasis like they did on the corba...so who knows.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I would be VERY surprised if the IRS of the '15+ is so comprimised that it bolts into the '05-'14 cars at all.

americansteel

Banned
Just buy a 1969 fastback. That's what I plan on doing since it's my dream car. Let ford design whatever they want. You can build any classic mustang you want for around the same price as a new mustang anyways, and that's with updated suspension, interior, engine and wheels on the classic.

had 1 sold it couldn't stand the looks of the mustang.
30K? no! more like 10-16K is all you need. got a 64 fairlane 6.2l swap 373 rear LSD 5 speed. mustangs couldn't keep up on the street or the track. put several GT500 owners in their place as well.
if some one puts the amount of a new mustang into their classic mustang or ford that means they don't even have a clue what they are doing. it doesn't take 30 plus thousand dollars to build a 69 mustang to outperform a new mustang. just last month I built a 68 fastback for a guy here in Delaware, 5.0 shock towers modified for Macpherson struts disc brakes new interior killer blue paint job with metal flake that looks sick as hell with my labor charges I charged the guy 19K I made 6.200 off the car. and that was a lot of body work and panel replacement. do it yourself its cheaper. there's a lot of morons on this forum insulting people about their opinions and I wrote mine for every one to see on this thread yet it seems like my opinion offended them about a car that has never looked good. but its ok Ill keep pissing on mustangs with my crown vic and fairlane. its all good.

Tbonez3858

Established Member
During the release all I could think about is how I didn't like the design of the car. Two days later I saw the video of the red Gt cranking up (the video in the light rain) and I was sold. I couldn't figure out what it was that I liked so much or what changed my mind. It took me a week to figure it out. I like that the design is so uncluttered and clean.

I read an article just a few days ago that Fords design team kept removing design features to see if it was still a mustang. If it was still a mustang after the design feature was removed the feature stayed off of the car. That's why I like it...That's why I want it. I've had two Mustangs and my only complaint has been the gaudiness and its why I'm not driving one today. Im not 16 and I dont want my car to scream "Its Saturday night and i have a six pack of Bud in the trunk"....The car doesn't have to be gaudy to be muscular and confident. This car looks like a world class muscle car...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread