Are you on a list, what #, and how much down?

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
I am on the list for a Shelby Cobra in St.Louis at the nearest SVT dealer to me. I am #5 on the list. The dealership only required $200 deposit. Which I thought was cool.

The salesmen dosen't know if there will be any markup. But stated that this is the reason they only require $200 deposit. If there will be any markup or any disatisfation it is refundable.

He also stated that markup will be determined on how many Shelby Cobra's they are allocated. They are a pretty big SVT dealer in St.Louis and says he knows he we be able to fill at least 8 orders with no problem due to the status they have with there SVT rep. on their SVT sales.(They have no 04 SVT's on there lot. All sold)

I see were some dealers are requesting a minimum of $2500 for instance in Canada. What are some deposits you have heard around the globe?

Anything over $500 I feel is not cool :nonono:

Last edited:

carcrazyguy

Established Member
I don't see the car selling for sticker price. I would guess about 3500-5k over if they only make 7500 units.

Heck some areas the 05 Mustang GT's are selling for over sticker.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I called the local SVT dealer today and spoke with the salesman that sells me my company work trucks. He was so lost in the dark about this new Cobra he didn't even realize Ford had come out with the car last week...DUH. Anyhoot, after talking with him about the car for 10 minutes I was put on a waiting list by his manager. I will own this car.

venom279

Established Member
LSR said:
I am on the list for a Shelby Cobra in St.Louis at the nearest SVT dealer to me. I am #5 on the list. The dealership only required $200 deposit. Which I thought was cool.

The salesmen dosen't know if there will be any markup. But stated that this is the reason they only require $200 deposit. If there will be any markup or any disatisfation it is refundable.

He also stated that markup will be determined on how many Shelby Cobra's they are allocated. They are a pretty big SVT dealer in St.Louis and says he knows he we be able to fill at least 8 orders with no problem due to the status they have with there SVT rep. on their SVT sales.(They have no 04 SVT's on there lot. All sold)

I see were some dealers are requesting a minimum of $2500 for instance in Canada. What are some deposits you have heard around the globe?

Which dealer and who do I need to talk to?? I am located in Joplin,MO which is about 4 hours from St. Louis. I want on the list.... :rockon:

Thanks

wolves

Established Member
Yea, which dealer was this? I bought my last 2 SVTs from Bo Beuckman and Sunset Ford. Mark up? Guaranteed. And if it's either of those two, you know it will be huge. I would like to check it out.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Ill let you know soon. Have an appointment to meet with a manager and ordering dude. Dunno much more than that yet. Details to come after ive money down and on the list! (please dont be offended, i wanna be first on the list whereever i choose to plunk down cash :D )

mr-mstng

Established Member
17th on the list. (one dealership) $0 down. Salesman said its against the law to take money on a car that they have no info on.

I am on the list at several others as well.

R1Lello

Established Member
LSR said:

:dw: That was me that posted the $2500 in Canada.........but that was only one dealer I checked, needless to say, I didn't leave a deposit as I agree with you, $500 is enough for dep. Also as I posted, if on a sales agreement with deposit selling at MSRP, they can not markup further, that is a legally binding contract.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
The dealer is Dave Sinclair Ford 1-888-SINCLAIR ask for Steve Nodiff, Hurry if interested. The last I spoke with him he said he only had 6 deposits for Shelby Cobra's

Steve is really cool and straight forward. Tell him you are a friend of LaMonte's or I ref. you. No matter which, he will treat you right.

venom279

Established Member
LSR said:
The dealer is Dave Sinclair Ford 1-888-SINCLAIR ask for Steve Nodiff, Hurry if interested. The last I spoke with him he said he only had 6 deposits for Shelby Cobra's

Steve is really cool and straight forward. Tell him you are a friend of LaMonte's or I ref. you. No matter which, he will treat you right.

Thank you.

:beer:

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
2nd (?) on the list at Marple Ford in PA with no $ down. When I bought the 2003 they wanted $1k down, so they probably will do that when they have pricing information. They did not want to take money until they know pricing and availability.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
i went to my dealer to day and listen to this $hit, they want at LEAST 10,000K over the F_CKING sticker.. this $hit is BULL$HIT. i gotta get on the phone and start to ask around.

cobraracing

Established Member
What dealer did you speak with in Ontario?
I have called 2 and no list yet
Mike
R1Lello said:
:dw: That was me that posted the $2500 in Canada.........but that was only one dealer I checked, needless to say, I didn't leave a deposit as I agree with you, $500 is enough for dep. Also as I posted, if on a sales agreement with deposit selling at MSRP, they can not markup further, that is a legally binding contract.

bluetooth

Established Member
Horseplay012 said:
#5 on the list $1000 down around here! :shrug:

I have not found any dealers around here that are starting lists :shrug: . I would love to get on a list but how many cars do you figure each dealer is going to get. They are only making 7,000 or so GT 500s that's not many cars per dealer. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread