ARGH!!! Engine being torn down as we speak

Cobra01

www.robind.com
Established Member
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: So I hear a really loud ticking noise on Friday and bring it in yesterday. None of the TSBs mattered, because they think it's a rod and are now taking the engine apart to see. SVT is already talking about a remanned engine - doesn't that raise the value and collectability of my 01!!!! Needless to say, driving around in a Focus sucks and I am now thinking about what my next car will be. I know some don't mind a remanned engine, but I do - it changes the car. Guess I am lucky that my trans has been leaking since mile 2.3 and has been in 6 times, so at least the lemon law in Jersey is an option for me. I think it's just a matter of time with these engines, I have read 2 other posts in the past 2 days that this has just happened to as well and have endless entries on my Cobra Problem web site. Not to mention that SVT didn't even flinch when we called them and told us to not bother with the TSB and just break down the engine. GREAT...Robin

If you have problems with your 01 - visit my site www.robind.com and click on the Cobra link on top. This will take you to the form for the database. I am working today on making this more comprehensible.

Cobra01

www.robind.com
Established Member
Update

Saw the engine and trans in pieces at the dealer today. Turns out a bearing and rod are bad and need to be replaced. I have some reservations and am contemplating getting rid of the car and getting an 03. Lots to think about. Any opinions?

Drove the 03 today, what a ride...Robin

Leftywayn

Established Member
Robin, sorry to hear about the misfortune with your '01. You must be completly discouraged at this point. I know you were having problems with the tranny, but this just takes the cake.

Were they willing to make a deal on an '03?

Luckily so far mine is ok, except for the throw out bearing which is making noise again.

Shane

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
Leftywayn, you have had problems with your throwout bearing. Mine is going for the 2nd time in about 5000 miles. The dealer was very cool and gave me a new clutch when they replaced the bearing but I am afraid when I take It in to be fixed again then they will just replace the bearing and it will wear out in another 4 or 5000 miles.

Mike

wickedcobra2001

hey I`m getting a detonation noise from the engine, and I`m getting the run around from Ford, they said there is a bulleting about my problem but Ford says "it won`t damage the engine" the noise is getting louder and louder...any suggestions....thanks

Users who are viewing this thread