Argh What are these noises!!

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Gosh I'm going crazy here guys, Ever since I replaced my brakes shortly after a squeeking noise seemingly coming from the front drivers side brake has started. The noise goes away under braking but comes right back as soon as pressure is released. I have checked the rattle clips, they are both in, and I even had a shop look at it and they stated that the noise was coming from inside the fender well? But its driving me absolutely insane!!!. Also about 5 months ago I had the car taken in because I was getting a horrible squeeling from the engine bay, as if a pulley was getting ready to seize. Well it just came back, And I'm not quite sure if I should take my car back to the dealership since I'm not in warranty anymore. Any suggestions on whats going bad, and possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

TORQJNKY

In the engine bay, you might have and idler pulley going bad or maybe it was belt slip. Spray a little WD-40 on your idler pullies (be sure not to get it on the belt surface) and see if that helps.

As for the brakes, if your pads are semi metallic and producing a lot of brake dust, that might be the cause. I have the same problem with my truck. I replaced the brake pads with a metallic type pad. They produce a lot of break dust and squeal. It drives me crazy sometimes. Raybestos makes a good pad (PG Plus, Quiet Stop, Brute Stop, Super Stop).

Users who are viewing this thread