ARH long tubes

Graboid

Established Member
Anybody got pics of these installed? FINALLY installed mine but right now I have a tube on the passenger side that is very close to subframe. It is still up on stands so I will try to shift the motor over some, just wondering if anyone else's were very close (less than 1/4")? FYI doing it off 6 ton stands wasn't terrible but at the same time I did take a week of messing with it after work and wouldn't care to do it again lol.;-)

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
Had the same problem. Mine was about a 1/16" clearance and it rattled sometimes. You have a few choices, Poly Motor Mounts or throw a washer in between the motor mount and the motor mount bracket to raise it up a little bit. Other than that, very happy with there product.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Anybody got pics of these installed? FINALLY installed mine but right now I have a tube on the passenger side that is very close to subframe. It is still up on stands so I will try to shift the motor over some, just wondering if anyone else's were very close (less than 1/4")? FYI doing it off 6 ton stands wasn't terrible but at the same time I did take a week of messing with it after work and wouldn't care to do it again lol.;-)

my SW headers are close, but they do not rub.

Graboid

Established Member
i followed the dynomax install that i found when i googled long tube install.

Mostly same here. Called and got some torque values and have read and been told anywhere from 18ftlb to 26ftlb (always easier to tighten up later than fix a stripped hole). I went 20 on the ones I could reach and got rest with medium ratcheting box end. Did pull the cross bar on the k member for a little more room. 02 sensors on front reach easy if you pull the tie down point off the back of motor.

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
Had the same problem. Mine was about a 1/16" clearance and it rattled sometimes. You have a few choices, Poly Motor Mounts or throw a washer in between the motor mount and the motor mount bracket to raise it up a little bit. Other than that, very happy with there product.

One of the tubes on my JPC 1 3/4" LTs rattle on the frame. I think it's the third one back on the passenger side. I used a few fender shims to lift the whole engine up, but I have a set of Poly bullets on the bench to fix it the right way.

After I put them on, before I shimmed it, I thought something was wrong with the engine. It rattled under heavy throttle.

After shimming it, it only rattles when smashing the throttle and turning the wheel to the left...

Last edited:

busarich

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Mine are here once I get the data logging for aed and I get a base tune they are going in.

Graboid

Established Member
Well finally got some time and finished up tonight. They don't rattle and we didnt have to shim the mounts. Man I forgot how loud/raspy a lt x pipe car was! Going to run some data logs this weekend as the first tune is running down to 10.7-11.3afr range at wot. Noticed the afr was a little "bouncy" when letting off the gas and idling along in gear. Bounced around a lot at 14.2-15.5 range. Wished I didn't live in BFE and was close enough to a shop for dyno tuning. Also instead of a drive shaft I may go with a new hood first because I also forgot how damn hot LT get:pepper:.

Last edited:

98ss88mm

Established Member
mine hit the frame rail, moved the kmember around and got it to hit the control arm bushing instead. then bent the outershell piece down so it wouldnt rub lol. All good now. At least yours didnt rub

wbt

Banned
One of the tubes on my JPC 1 3/4" LTs rattle on the frame. I think it's the third one back on the passenger side. I used a few fender shims to lift the whole engine up, but I have a set of Poly bullets on the bench to fix it the right way.

After I put them on, before I shimmed it, I thought something was wrong with the engine. It rattled under heavy throttle.

After shimming it, it only rattles when smashing the throttle and turning the wheel to the left...

That is poo poo man. You shouldn't have to fix a manufacture issue.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
That is poo poo man. You shouldn't have to fix a manufacture issue.

My first set of SW headers were jacked up. A couple phone calls and some pics the old headers went back and they sent me new ones. I didn't even pat shipping.

collibr1

Established Member
I have ARH and they fit fine with no modifications. Its a tight fit but no interferance what so ever. I did not notice a big increase in temp under the hood either.

Graboid

Established Member
Maybe my imagination but I don't remember it being that hot under hood. Though I know this car gets hotter than my 08 did even before the LTs

Users who are viewing this thread