ARH x-pipe with borla catback

nsf93

Established Member
I just installed ARH headers with their x pipe that's supposed to fit a 2.5 inch catback. When I connected it to my borla catback the ball in socket connectors did not fit well. It came to the conclusion that its because the borla catback was made to fit the stock 2.25 inch H pipe and the connection flanges are to small for the ARH x pipe. Does anyone have a good solution to this. Id like to hear from some people that have this set up so I can get some ideas on how to get it to fit correctly.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is it just not seating correctly? I have a Bassani catted X that's 2.5" and my Stingers sealed up just fine. The ball and socket design should give some room for adjustment.

nsf93

Established Member
The bassani x pipe has the same ball connectors as the stock H pipe (2.25") even though the rest is 2.5". The ARH x pipe has bigger 2.5" connectors. Therefore the flanges on the stingers are too small.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Yeah borlas primary pipe on their cat backs are 2.25, I had mine changed to 2.5 at a shop.

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Exhaust shops will usually be able to modify the connection to 2.5" for under $100. Its common for long tubes to require small modifications like that to work with aftermarket exhausts.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I ran into the same issue, had my buddy take a new piece of 2.25" pipe and flare out the end to a true 2.5" opening. He cut them to the exact length of the old ones. Took 15 mins but i went to a local exhaust shop since he lives a little further away and they couldn't help me at all. It depends on what exhaust guy you go to. You could take the little pieces to a shop and have them flared out a little more but some shops wont do it. It can be done both ways as I've tested both methods.

Users who are viewing this thread