ariel atom

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
love that car. the only downside i don't like about the car, is the roll hoop. it's needs to be taller. if that thing flips someone is going to lose a head...

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Yea.... The car was reviewed by Jeremy Clarkson of TopGear. Said it was "Driving Nirvana".

kilercamron

k
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
Yea.... The car was reviewed by Jeremy Clarkson of TopGear. Said it was "Driving Nirvana".

you think thats because his face was being ripped off though?:lol:

oh yea, that scene in collateral is ****ing awsome.

Last edited:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
badass, I've seen one on the road here, total eye catcher. But I cant say you look to cool driving one down the highway with bugs in your teeth lol.

btw, holy huge sig

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Awesome cars. I would mind wearing a helmet everywhere I drove. That's one of my favorite Top Gear episodes. That thing is a monster.

Edit: Careful with the sig BTW. Admin is going around deleting huge pics.

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
theDRIVER said:
love that car. the only downside i don't like about the car, is the roll hoop. it's needs to be taller. if that thing flips someone is going to lose a head...

For racing purpouses, there is a true roll-bar that can be bolted in (the mounting points pre-exist in the chassis).

My buddy has one with the 2.0 Ecotec supercharged. Makes 220rwhp at 6000ft uncorrected. Around 260 corrected. The thing moves like nothing I have ever been in.

In fact, here is the second portion from HPDE run group 3 from his camera mount. You'll see him easily real me in and pass me towards the end of the session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWArU5aQR4

svtjunkie

you've got red on you
Established Member
The videos on that site are awesome.

+1 on the sig size.

Last edited:

yellowbra

Established Member
Torch10th said:
For racing purpouses, there is a true roll-bar that can be bolted in (the mounting points pre-exist in the chassis).

My buddy has one with the 2.0 Ecotec supercharged. Makes 220rwhp at 6000ft uncorrected. Around 260 corrected. The thing moves like nothing I have ever been in.

In fact, here is the second portion from HPDE run group 3 from his camera mount. You'll see him easily real me in and pass me towards the end of the session.

wow looking in the rearview mirror you can see how happy he is when hes getting close to you.

PHiL2

596whp/553wtq @6 psi
Established Member
My buddy just got one with the s/c 300 hp ecotec....its badass!
atom%2007%200192.jpg

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
yellowbra said:
wow looking in the rearview mirror you can see how happy he is when hes getting close to you.

He had a passanger with him at the time that he was talking to. After he passed our buddy in the 3000GT (which is a monster in itself at 550awhp) his passanger was making "reel him in" gestures.

In all honesty it made me feel a little better that it took him pretty much the entire session (he purposely started in the rear) to catch me.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
Torch10th said:

yeah, i just saw a picture with one on. they should just sell them with it on. safe bet for everyone...

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
theDRIVER said:
yeah, i just saw a picture with one on. they should just sell them with it on. safe bet for everyone...

In all actuality, unless you need it specifically for racing, it's not going to be someing you really "need."

For safety sake sure it's not going to hurt. However, actually being in this car, and seeing it in person, it's track is nearly square. It's as wide as it is long and it's center of gravity is not on top of the wheels like in a traditional car.

It would take quite a bit to roll the car. As in floating sideways into a pretty decent ditch, or being hit broadside by a very low car (which at that point a roll-over would be the least of my concern in an atom)

Lets put it this way. If you're concerned about safety, buy a volvo...not an Atom.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
is that thing even street legal in the U.S.?

I don't see whats the big deal about this thing. IMO its not a "car" at all. Doesn't have doors, a roof, windshield or a body for that matter! Not to mention no A.C., no radio, no air bags. Pretty much useless unless you are at the track

Looks to be nothing more than an $70K go-cart :read:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
mc01svt said:
is that thing even street legal in the U.S.?

I don't see whats the big deal about this thing. IMO its not a "car" at all. Doesn't have doors, a roof, windshield or a body for that matter! Not to mention no A.C., no radio, no air bags. Pretty much useless unless you are at the track

Looks to be nothing more than an $70K go-cart :read:

Yes, they are legal on US roadways. Though, registering them can be a headache.

I'm guessing by your response that you are primarily a drag racer? Certainly not a bad thing, but that's generally the drag racer response to the Atom.

The Atom represents what a true road race enthusiest is after. The car is pure function, nothing else. If it doesn't make the car go faster, turn harder, or stop quicker, it's simply not on it. Thus...no radio, doors, windshield etc.

kilercamron

k
Established Member
mc01svt said:

Looks to be nothing more than an $70K go-cart...

bla bla bla anything else captain obvious?

Users who are viewing this thread