Army Guard Question

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Is there a benefit to the unit or is there just such a shortage that you send them if they say yes?

National Guardsman tore through Ranger, Airborne, and Air Assault schools in a single year​

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Active duty also send several people through these schools who aren’t in Airborne/Ranger/etc units. Creates a better soldier, and in a lot of MOS’ it’s part of career progression/broadening.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Is there a benefit to the unit or is there just such a shortage that you send them if they say yes?

National Guardsman tore through Ranger, Airborne, and Air Assault schools in a single year​

I was in the Reserves. I Remember them offering several different schools that had openings.

Jump School for instance had a few openings one year.
MCMAP Instructors course was also available a few times.

I would imagine the NG does something similar.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
That’s awesome and good for him. It’s nice to see such an accomplished and driven young man serving his country.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

In most unit S3 training shops you have a trainin section that schedules ranges, coordinates with S4 for training equipment and combat equipment, plus the S3 will secure military schools.

A good S3 ship can steal schools or add to their allocation by taking slots deployed units cannot fill.

My guess is his unit has a good S3 that has a great relationship with a higher level or even Tradoc school allocations guy. They have visibility on excess and unused school slots.

When I was the BN S-3 Operations NCO my schools NCO was a drinking buddy with SOCOM training NCO. A guy like that can make the whole BN command look good by stealing those slots!

Users who are viewing this thread