Arrested without saying my rights?

Lawman85

Banned
BUNKY said:
Not leaving my ride at the bar so someone else can mess with it so i have to drive and i want to drink . just have to rem to turn my lights on after i pass the man .

I'll make sure myself nor any of my family members are near Maryland.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
jshen said:
I see you as having a serious problem and if you continue on...we'll see you in a court..and you will see a jail. Don't know if you care much at your age...but it will effect your career, education opportunities...and your liberty...I suggest you take the advice offered... :nonono:
I have the Man with me at the bar and on th :beer: ride home
I'll be allright now go ticket someone

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
BUNKY said:
Not leaving my ride at the bar so someone else can mess with it so i have to drive and i want to drink . just have to rem to turn my lights on after i pass the man .

Just make sure you stop for every stop light, all your vehicle lights are working, you don't touch the painted lines even just a little, you don't have illegal tint, loud exhaust... the list goes on and on... I stop people for every little thing I can... just to talk to them because I'm constantly looking for drunks.

It's cat and mouse... you try to sneak home and I try to send your insurance rates through the roof so you think twice about doing it again.

BTW... Having 'The Man' in the car with you does no good if he's plowed too... knowing someone only gets you 5 minutes to call them to have them come pick you up and that only if they are someone I owe... if you know Officer Ballscratcher from Blueberry PD... he can come pick you up from the barracks and give you good advice on what to say to the DA and judge in effort to get a reduced charge.

Last edited:

Ginsu

Established Member
So many people have a misunderstanding Miranda Rights, and their rights in general.

Steeltwo, we have misunderstood your post, WI has an unusual code section or your friend is misinformed. I do agree that once a person is in custody that person can not be questioned with our their rights read to them. Otherwise any question outside of custody is called "investigative detention", which has been backed up by case law! Unfortunately I do not remember the case law anymore since I have been out of LEO for a little while, Jshen could file in the blank for me.

With a DUI, the officer's investigation is an investigative detention. Once the officer feels there is enough evidence to make an arrest, handcuffs go on without further questions related to the crime...except Implied Consent.

Get a good lawyer for damage control!

Lawman85

Banned
BUNKY said:
I have the Man with me at the bar and on th :beer: ride home
I'll be allright now go ticket someone

Great!! That's an arrest for me and a citation for your friend "The Man". In Ga. I would arrest you for DUI and then cite your partner for a code sec. we have called "Allowing another to violate state law". I have 0 tolerance when it comes to LEO's and DUI. I will arrest another LEO for DUI faster than I will arrest Joe citizen, they should know better.

I kind of got a bad rap in the academy because of that stance. Everyone thought I was wrong about it, but I still police that way... if your an LEO and I catch you DUI.... no breaks...

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Hey Lawman85,
Did you see my question in one of the other topics about your paint? Are you having any problems with it? Also, which dealership did you go through to get yours?

strtrcr50

want another stang
Established Member
I've been there. I got pulled over for speeding, and ended up getting a DWI. These guys aren't even mentioning about how DMV will mess up for years after and resuspend you over and over. It took me years to clear it up. I will NEVER drink more than 2 beers and get in a car again! And it could be so much worse if you hurt someone.

Last edited:

psikillz

turbo 94 cobra
Established Member
Would this work......

I've been told that if you get pulled over for drunk driving you should quickly jump out of your car and drink a bunch of liquor right in front of the officer. That way they can't prove if you were actually drunk while you were driving, or if the alcohol you drank alongside the road is what got you drunk. I'd take a public intox over a DUI any day.

Any comments?

Thanks.

Last edited:

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
psikillz said:
Would this work......

I've been told that if you get pulled over for drunk driving you should quickly jump out of your car and drink a bunch of liquor right in front of the officer. That way they can't prove if you were actually drunk while you were driving, or if the alcohol you drank alongside the road is what got you drunk. I'd take a public intox over a DUI any day.

Any comments?

Thanks.

:dw:

uhh... I doubt it. For many reasons:

- It probably takes a several minutes before the alcohol you just drank is absorbed by your body and the officer knows that and can still test you for your current blood/alcohol ratio.
- Where would you get the bottles of booze legally in such a quick fashion? Pull over and bolt out of your car, pop your trunk and start cracking open beer bottles?
- Any suddenly moves, such as bolting out of your car when pulled over, especially if your diving for your trunk would probably get you shot! Or at the very least, Tazered like that dumb biotch over in the Pic/video forum.

psikillz

turbo 94 cobra
Established Member
WTF said:
:dw:

uhh... I doubt it. For many reasons:

- It probably takes a several minutes before the alcohol you just drank is absorbed by your body and the officer knows that and can still test you for your current blood/alcohol ratio.
- Where would you get the bottles of booze legally in such a quick fashion? Pull over and bolt out of your car, pop your trunk and start cracking open beer bottles?

I guess you would refuse the roadside tests?

You can keep a half pint under your seat, or in the door pocket etc.

I don't drink and drive, so I've never had the opportunity to try it out. A DUI lawyer gave me that advice, so I was curious if it would really work.

Last edited:

Trooper4985

The Man
Established Member
psikillz said:
Would this work......

Any comments?

Thanks.

Are you an idiot? You're going to jump out of your car and make other quick movements in front of an officer who doesn't know if he just stopped a little old lady on here way back from church or some jackass that just shot the last two cops that stopped him? After you pissed yourself from repeats tazings or the medics did their best to patch you up and get you to a doctor who might be able to close the two gaping wounds in your chest.... a DWI would be the last thought on your mind.

I don't have to have a BAC to get a conviction on a DWI arrest. I have testified to performance on SFST's and got convictions... it's a little more testifying than when I have a BAC I can testify to but I still get convictions.

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
psikillz said:
Would this work......

Any comments?

Thanks.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee...I'm sure a guilty person wouldn't do that... Let's just show that to a jury and see what they think...

psikillz

turbo 94 cobra
Established Member
Trooper4985 said:
Are you an idiot? You're going to jump out of your car and make other quick movements in front of an officer who doesn't know if he just stopped a little old lady on here way back from church or some jackass that just shot the last two cops that stopped him?

You are right I suppose.... On one occasion when I got pulled over, I jumped out of the car and was standing by the officers door before he even had a chance to get out of his police car. He did not much care for that. :)

Let it be known that I've matured a lot since then, I really appreciate everything law enforcement does.

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
psikillz said:
You are right I suppose.... On one occasion when I got pulled over, I jumped out of the car and was standing by the officers door before he even had a chance to get out of his police car. He did not much care for that. :)

Your lucky... I would have shot you.

jshen

Established Member
Ga

You can be charged with DUI even you try the trick of downing a bottle in front of the officer...There's a 3 hour window...after you've been driving here. Course I would charge you with Obstruction by Hindering, Tampering with Evidence, Public Drunkeness...along with that DUI....

RGrossman

Established Member
Its stupid to drink and drive period! Dont do it. I don't see whats so hard about this. I realized this when I first started driving that its not worth the consequences.

I've also never heard of anyone getting off of a DUI charge. My cousin just lost his liscene for a year, he is sorry now, lost his job as well since his job was a salesmen which required him to drive to all his clients. Bet those beers were really worth it now.

Take what you did and learn from it. You will have awhile to think about it.

jshen

Established Member
Yes

RGrossman said:
This might be a dumn question, can you be arrested for being drunk at your own house?
If you've just driven home...
If you've been drinking and in no way associated with driving...you can if you "in public view" Here it's called Public Drunkeness

Users who are viewing this thread