Arrgghhh! Flat Tire!

2001LaserRed

Established Member
Man! I had a flat tonight. And it wasn't a nail or anything like that. After I got the tire off, I saw a tear in the inside sidewall about a half inch from the rim. Only thing I can think is that it happened when I went around corner on way home. I had some jerk riding my ass, so I turned a corner at about 20 mph. Not really too excessive, nothing flew across the car, and the tires didn't even squeak, but I did go around the corner faster than I normally do.

Maybe the tire pressure was low, but I doubt it since I checked them not too long ago. I've only got 3000 miles on the car, and my tread looks like a brand new tire (I think I've chirped the tires maybe twice, but they still look new). I hope the tire warranty will help out here since it sure seems like a faulty tire to me. Unfortunately, I have a Good Year tire warranty in my owner's pouch instead of the BFG Goodrich warranty, which is what I have on the car -- the dealer gave me the wrong tire warranty. I'll have to get the correct warranty from the dealer Monday.
I really hope I don't have to buy a new tire. But, at least if I do it won't be much out of synch with the other tires as far as wear is concerned.

Jeff
:mj: :gt: :fm: :jag: :sad

2001LaserRed

Established Member
Well, it looks like it was a puncture of some type after all. Whatever it was, it was one tough spike. It went through the thick part of the tread at an angle, punctured the sidewall, and tore it a bit before pulling back out.

Anyone know if tire road hazard warranty is included with the tire warranty for the '01 Cobras? My dealer gave me the wrong warranty information (for GoodYear instead of Goodrich).

Looks like I'm gonna spend $236.00 on a new tire. Hopefully the dealer has a supplier that has some in stock. I called the local Merchant's, and they said they'd have to order the tire from Goodrich, and that it would take up to a week.

Oh well. The Cobra gets to rest for a while.

Jeff

fangstang

Established Member
If youre looking to replace the stock BF Goodrich than you dont have to spend that much. Go to a local tire shop, they list for $160. Ive seen this price on tirerack. com too. Thats IF youre keeping the same 245/45/zr17 size.(mount and balance is another story though).

2001LaserRed

Established Member
REDLYNE -- I wasn't asking if tires were under the bumper to bumper, but when you buy tires, you sometimes get, and can almost always get (for a little extra money) a "road hazard" warranty for your tires. So, I was wondering if the tires that came on the Cobra included a road hazard warranty since my dealership gave me the wrong tire warranty information. I will find out tomorrow anyway since I'll be calling my dealership to get the correct tire warranty info.

Hey fangstang, I'll be sure to check around for prices on replacements. I do plan on sticking with the stock size and brand since I only need to replace one tire. Thanks for info. Have you ordered tires from that website before? How long did it take to get them, and how much was shipping? Once you got the tire(s), how much to mount and balance at a local tire shop?

Later,
Jeff

fangstang

Established Member
Ive never ordered from them, but my dad is in need of 2 new michelen pilots for his E55. I looked them up and they cost $322 a piece for the rears which are 275/35/ZR18. I figured they are cheaper hear than from the dealership, so he might order them from tirerack.

Users who are viewing this thread