ARRRG!!! Fender Bender - Advice Please?

Acidus

Established Member
My boss backed in to my Cobra in our company parking lot. He came inside and told me he hit my car, I thought he was joking at first. :bash:

The damage doesn't look that bad, but I really want it put back the way it was. I've noticed the fender panel has a couple buckles in it and it kisses the door now. The front air dam is detached from the nose clip and there are some scrapes past the clearcoat. My tires were turned and I believe it was my tire that actually stopped his SUV. Now when I turn the wheel sharply I hear a noise that wasn't there before. The fender has been pushed away from the headlight module, which has a scratched lense. :mj: My Cobra is a few months old now and has 4,700 miles on it.

I'm taking it to a Ford dealership where my dad works and asking them for a quote.

Standing back from the car the damage isn't bad, but I love this car and know every inch of it. I want the car fixed to the point where it was before it was run in to. Does anyone know of anything I should be paying attention to that might not be obvious? :shrug:

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Damn man that sucks. The boss is going to fix it right? Hope it turns out well for you....

Acidus

Established Member
His first statement was have your insurance contact our insurance.

I forgot to mention the nose clip has some play in it now on that side.

Acidus

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the front wheels are out of alignment. His Lexus SUV's rear-right kiss-scraped my front-right when he backed up. Like I said, my wheels were turned and I'm pretty sure it was my front right wheel that actually stopped his Lexus.

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
hell ask for the corner office with the view.

looks like a easy fix and white is easy to match for the most part

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
they will probebly do it any way but have the entire front suspension looked over very well. even thi side that wasnt hit. .. then ask for a couple paid days off to deal with your stress from the whole ordeal.

Acidus

Established Member
:fm: I hope its an easy fix.

BEFORE:
3.jpg

NCStanger

Established Member
Acidus, your white vert looks great with all of the black mixed in with it. My white coupe can't match that look. Curious where you got your fuel door with snake on it and how much? Sorry about your incident. Damn, sounds like he just kept on hitting the car from one end to the other the way you describe it. Ease up boss man. How can people be so careless. Hope you get it all taken care of real soon.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Acidus Looks like you live in Florida and Florida is a no fault state. So you will have to report it to your insurance company and they will get in touch with his. BTW is that a P-51 in your Avatar. good luck:beer:

Acidus

Established Member
The estimate for repair is $1,350 and 3 or 4 days.

Stevie - The light bar doesn't interfere at all with the top going up. Its made by Classic Design Concepts and I had it installed by Bob's Top Shop in Orlando.

NCStanger - I got the fuel door from UPR Products:
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=109

StreetSnake - Yup, I'm in Florida. It was a company car that hit my Cobra and I think because of the deductable the company is just going to pay for the repair. Yes, thats a P51 behind my car - I took the pic at the annual Mustangs & Mustangs get together in Kissimme.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread