Ascension Parish help....

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
Need help finding a place to inspect the Cobra with current tint (not legal) in this area....St. Amant... If I gotta take it off then that's whats gotta happen, but it's such a PITA!! Any ideas are welcome..:beer:

daniel302

because cobra
Established Member
My buddy had the same problem with his mach. They wouldn't let him get a brake tag with the tint on his windshield. He applied online for some skin allery form, got a form saying he had a skin allergy and they gave him a brake tag. Lol, sounds like a lot of work, but you get to keep your tint. I think he was out like 45 bucks on the allergy form and 10 on the brake tag. If you're interested, I'll ask him what he did to apply for his skin allergy

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I heard the New Orleans area was cracking down big time on tint esp on windshields. Even on the northshore they are testing for tint on side windows now.
There is a form you can fill out to get exempt. I called asking about it and it sound difficult to get approved. Have to get a doctors note if medical condition. If work related must be undcover security or in the security business.

http://www.lsp.org/weights.html

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
If you have a car trailer, go get it inspected and then slap that on your windshield.

Someone on here taught me that...what you at bastard2V?

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Shop on the corner of 44 and Black Bayou........I went there in '08 with the windows down in the Lightning and did not have a problem getting one. Hope it is the same....Gotta get another one when the Lightning comes back from TPS.

Later

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
Update...I went legit and re-tinted to legal!! Thanks for the great ideas though... The trailer one sounded awesome, but I got a wrecked Z-3 BMW on it at the moment. As soon as the BMW goes I'll give the trailer idea a shot.

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
Dont they right the vin on the sticker or something? I mean there has to be a way for cops to know that sticker belongs on your car right?

you ever try to read one once it's installed? the writing is on the back, but honestly i don't think i've ever had one with anything written on it ever in any of my vehicles. legally you are supposed to do trailers because they are supposed to have working brakes and lights if they are on the road ( iwas told this by a LA state trooper)so i get all of mine done yearly. my car passes with no issues, but i've seen some peeps have no choice except to go the alternate route.

Users who are viewing this thread