Asheville Cruise

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
For anyone who wants to make a long day of it Saturday March 27th after the picnic we are planning to meet up with some other car folks (you know GMs and such) in Knoxville and heading over to Asheville. There is a big cruise scene over there on Patton Ave according to some folks I know including some SCMC members. Some nice looking cars around and maybe some races for those who go for that.

The plan will be to meet up at K-Mart on Clinton Highway at 4:30 PM Saturday and head out at 5:00 PM. That should put us in Asheville in time for dinner and then cruise downtown to see what we can find.
:D

Midnitrous_Express

Established Member
Hey Hazman,
Count me in. I hope to have the Lightning back together by then. I'm gonna try to beat my old time (with the ol' ragtop). If i get some good tires for the truck....Good luck at CMP. I'll see ya there.

scraggsds

GEEZ!! Why did I join the Marines!! I am from knoxville and would love to join in but sadly im stuck here is Action Jacksonville. This place blows, all freaking imports and the guys that do buy mustangs rice them out! Its so sad! I just wanna go back Knoxville where there are still some guys who like good V8 Muscle, be it chevy or ford or even dodge! Anyway would love to join but cant.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Ok, I can actually make it back home for that. Outlaw99 and I were trying to plan something for a little later in the spring. So anybody who can't make it . . . Kris and I will try to have a get-together in late April or May.

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
So far it looks like only a couple of folks are in for the Asheville cruise from this board. There are a few from HighPerformanceToys.com also.

If you are really interested in this please post up!!!!:D

TrophyCar

Established Member
I got the driveaxle replaced today, so I'm for sure coming home next weekend. It will be good to see some of the TN group again!

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Wow, this sucks. I would have really liked to have met up with some of you guys, but I moved away from Asheville about 3.5 months ago. Cool place.

The Patton cruise scene was about 60-75% rice and <21 years of age the last time I was there, which was last summer and fall. There's some interesting stuff there, the odd 03/04 Cobra and Z06. There's one guy running around in a tarted up mid nineties 300ZX and even a guy in a small block Chevy powered RX7. The main spot where we usually could hook up (away from the knotheads and punks) was the Heilig Myers parking lot. If approaching westbound from 240 on Patton, try not to park in the first shopping center parking lot on the right, the rental cops will try and block you in and have you think you have no choice but to be towed. An alternative meeting spot would be the Ingles parking lot on the corner of Patton and Leicester highway, but the only spot I have seen openly welcoming cruisers was the Checkers burger stand. They actually set up a bunch of plastic chairs for us once, facing Patton.

Y'all have fun...hope I can read a trip report about it when you get back. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
actually, we meet in that parking lot, best foods, rent-a-center and a few other shops. there is only one old fart security guard and he is only there about 1 night out of a month...it usually looks like a ford convention there...all cobra and mustangs and several lightnings...looks like we are doing a car show...we put the hoods up sometimes and many ppl come driving through.

TrophyCar

Established Member
I'll be driving home Friday night after work. Have to deliver a dozen guns to an agency on my way home, so I'll have all weekend back home. Can't wait to see you guys.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
I'll be there. Try to get there a little earlier then usual. There are a lot of idiots running around. You hear rubber screaming non-stop sometimes. I've seen people do stupid stuff with cops close by and they never get in trouble.

Hope to see everybody there,

Helix:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread