Ask SVT a Question

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you could ask a question, or several, to someone at SVT what would it be? What is it that you’d like to know about your SVT, future SVT vehicles, or perhaps some inner workings of SVT? Please post your questions, but keep them constructive and on topic. You never know who may read or respond to them.

blksn8k

Established Member
Well, I guess that's a question.

Seriously though, does SVT plan to be involved with any future sedans similar to the SVT Contour? We have already seen the 2010 Fusion Sport and have heard rumors of a high performance Taurus. Does SVT have any involvement with those models or are there any plans for something more? How about an SVT Fusion with the 3.5L Ecoboost and AWD? Or maybe a US version of the Focus RS? Oh, and if SVT does build anything with a turbo could you please not put "ECOBOOST" anywhere in the name. It just sounds too wimpy for a high performance vehicle. Ford should have stuck with Twinforce for the V6 engines, at least those used in Lincolns, trucks and hipo applications. People who buy those vehicles typically are not that concerned about "economy".

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
I thought SVT was done for?

Here's a response to a similar question from the SVTOA forum.

"Thanks for your questions. Let me assure you that SVT is alive and well, and never went anywhere. After production stopped on Lightning and Cobra, SVT wasn't as visible to the public eye, but SVT handled development on the Ford GT as well as the Shelby GT500. If you look at the time line, SVT hasn't had an absence in the Ford line-up since the 04 SVT Cobra.

There are two lead engineers. In the interest of time, here's a link to the announcement that outlines SVT's current organizational structure: Recent SVTOA News - SVTOA Forums

The biggest change to SVT is that it is no longer a "brand" onto itself. SVT is a dedicated group of engineers (about 60 at current count) whose specific task is to develop the high-performance models for Ford. SVT marketing and communications are now tied in with the traditional departments, but the engineering force remains the same.

In fact, the current Shelby GT500 is the most successful SVT Mustang to date in terms of sales, customer satisfaction, and overall quality. Needless to say, the engineering team is as strong as ever.

The men and women at SVT are really excited for 2009. Now that they have a new truck and GT500 coming out in the same year, everyone is looking forward to being back in the performance world spotlight again. If the media reviews for SVT Raptor and 2010 Shelby GT500 are any indication, it looks to be a very good year!

Thanks!

Patrick Hespen
SVT and Performance Communications "

Raptor6point2

Established Member
I want to know what the base MSRP is going to be for this Raptor. I'm taking a guess that it will be at least fifty five grand, but most likely over sixty large for one of these. If anyone has any info on the price, let me know.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
why did they design such a crappy piston-to-wall clearance for the 03/04 cobra.

who was asleep during that meeting?

You mean the Terminator 03-04 cobra that smokes 90% of muscle/pony/sports cars on the road? Or the one that will make 600rwhp without any major modifications?

Cut them a little slack.

sykal

Banned
You mean the Terminator 03-04 cobra that smokes 90% of muscle/pony/sports cars on the road? Or the one that will make 600rwhp without any major modifications?

Cut them a little slack.

i am not hating on the car. if you haven't noticed, i have one.

re-read the title of this thread, and remove the stick from your ass.
if i had something to ask SVT, i would ask them that. whats the problem?

blksn8k

Established Member
Since there seems to be some confusion about this, please tell inquiring minds when the 6.2 will be available in the Raptor. And don't say "Winter 2010". That is not an answer. It is too vague. We want, no make that need to know a more definitive date. Like January 2010 or December 2010. Big difference. Otherwise buyers will not only wait, they will also walk...

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Will SVT ever build a vehicle thats actually AFFORDABLE anymore? :shrug:

I'm talking an MSRP of less than $35K fully optioned. In the current situation, SVT vehicles have been priced out of the range of the average enthusiast (male, single, 20-30yrs old). Hell, I have an engineering degree and can't afford any of the new stuff. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread