Asking for some return help..

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
OMG OMG OMG...

Who knows what creaming yourself for 3.1 miles feels like?

You genius mother****ers above.

Wait.. I don't want to jinx myself.. just yet

BUT..

This ****er performed flawlessly for 3.1 miles test drive...and I'm wet from the waist down.

Keep your fingers crossed.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
FYI, there are two different sized metering orifices in the EGR pipes the two DPFE hoses connect to. So you will get different air flow through each of them if you blow into them to see if they are clogged.

Glad to hear it's moving in the right direction.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I hope others are learning with me as I post these graphs. Perhaps they will be of help to someone experiencing these kinds of difficulty.

Some Datalog CSV files:
Before cleaning EGR https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2oI5FL7e41FSVlfcmQ3ZVBkdU0/edit?usp=sharing

After cleaning EGR https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2oI5FL7e41FZmhCMGE2OHJiUHM/edit?usp=sharing

Before the EGR cleaning job (EGR in purple):
egr052313before.jpg

After the EGR cleaning job (EGR in purple):
egr052313after.jpg

Another post EGR cleaning at almost the same engine RPM as the pre-cleaning:
egr052313after02.jpg

The EGR barely functioned as you see while it was dirty and was flatlining most of the time except for some abnornal spikes.

There was tons on carbon crud inside. I sprayed some STP throttle body cleaner and allowed it to soak. Followed up with a shop towel to remove excess carbon from the valve. After the wash, if you suck into the nozzle at the top, the valve opens freely with less effort/suction.

I suppose all the oil and misfiring from a few weeks ago before I replaced the culprits, the foul up damage had been done. This affected the bank 2 oxygen sensor and fouled up the EGR as well :bored:

Hopefully it's finally solved. I'm exhausted :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread