Asking price for modded 03 cobra . . . ?

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
I have an 03 black cobra that I will be letting go of here about July. A lot of people are asking me for an asking price so I just figured I would see what everyone thought. Car has 27k miles and has minor flaws but overall in pretty good condition. Here are the mods:

Kenny Brown subframe connectors
JLT cold air induction kit
Mac prochamber midpipe
Mac 3” Flowpath catback
Maximum Motorsports 14mm bolts/nuts
Autometer Lunar Series gauges
o Boost
o Fuel pressure
NGK TR6 spark plugs
Billetflow 2.76” upper pulley
Billetflow 100mm idler pulley
Pro 5.0 shifter
MD SCT custom tuned chip
Clutchmasters FX300 stage 3 clutch kit
FMS 4.10 gears
Stock wheels (not HREs seen in sig)

Thanks guys . . . i know you get asked this all the time probably but just wanted some advice.

:thumbsup:

MikeW

Established Member
Trade you my low mile 97 cobra and $$$

Good luck with the sale and your old wheels look awesome on the redfire 03.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Some mods add value and some take away. Yours are all pretty good and no one should have a problem with any of them. The problem with mods is, like real estate, they really don't add their value in resale (most mods, most of the time). You're probably only looking at mid-$20's to maybe $27k value. If someone has to get a loan, they won't be able to get more than book value anyways. Nice set-up and good luck to you.

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
97topless snake said:
Trade you my low mile 97 cobra and $$$

Good luck with the sale and your old wheels look awesome on the redfire 03.

Sorry but i already have a vehicle in line and ready to be here around July. Sounds like a sweet cobra though!

Yeah I was thinking around $25k . . . That seems like a real good deal to me.

:beer:

MikeW

Established Member
PM me when you ahve an idea on the price.... and when you are looking to let it go.

Thanks,
Mike

MikeW

Established Member
I looked at a redfire coupe here in ton this week. It is at a Ford dealer and they are asking 26,893 for it. It has 14,000 miles and I tried to work a deal with them. They would give me 10k for my 97 (33k miles) and if it were a different color I would have done it. I have a torch red 03 and want any other color besides red.

It was a real clean car no signs of mods and the stock tires have the same wear all teh way around. They even offered to let me call the 60 year old fella that bought it there new and traded it in.

Car is on this site seacrh cobra
http://www.crownford.com/

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I would also say 25-27K! That is an average going price around here! Even with mods!

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
I know i really want to keep it but until i get out of grad school, etc I want something a little more practical. I have something on the way already. Believe me when I get settled with a job, etc in about 2 years i will have another stang, for the weekends.

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
I'd de-mod and put it back to stock if you have that option. Sell your mods on the side. I think you'll atract more buyers if they think the car is stock - especially non-pullied. Plus, you won't get your money out of the mods.

Stock - $23k
Mod - $24k?

Of course, this price is dependant on the area and the supply/demand in that area.

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
I live in Kentucky and there are already about 3-4 people that have confronted me about wanting an asking price. So yeah the demand seems pretty good!

Users who are viewing this thread