Assembly Line Pics of the 03's

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Those are sweet!!! hah that White Coupe looks like its lining up at a indoor drag strip :p shes getting a little anxious I think

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
I do kinda like this photo!!

Can you imagine that being the end of the assembly line and that's some throttle jockey moving your car out to an inspection area? I would not be very happy about someone doing burnouts in my car before I had the chance too....

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
damn dude,

you are one of the most obsessive guys on this issue I think I have ever met...

Jeez I hope your wife was a virgin when you met her...

or at least I hope she told you she was... lol

:bash:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Called my service mgr (a friend) at my dealership. Told him to get it off the truck. Save all the info and don't let anyone drive it. Told him armed guards and stanchions with velvet rope wouldn't be going to far in my book. Going to break it in for 1000 miles before i drop the hammer. My 89 5.0 burnt oil (1qt. / 3K) and i attribute that to bad break in on my part. I was 25 at the time and had no will power. Hell , I'm 38 and I still don't have it.

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
damn dude,

you are one of the most obsessive guys on this issue I think I have ever met...

Jeez I hope your wife was a virgin when you met her...

or at least I hope she told you she was... lol

:bash:

What issue are you talking about? Are you talking about burnouts? This is the first time I have even spoken about them...Maybe it's something else or you are confusing me with someone else..

Robert

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
Quite right sir,

Sorry about that, my mistake.

Well, I probably am a little obsessive about the 03. Like most other people who have one on order, it sure would be nice to actually see it in my driveway.....LOL

Robert

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Originally posted by OH3Cobra
Called my service mgr (a friend) at my dealership. Told him to get it off the truck. Save all the info and don't let anyone drive it. Told him armed guards and stanchions with velvet rope wouldn't be going to far in my book. Going to break it in for 1000 miles before i drop the hammer. My 89 5.0 burnt oil (1qt. / 3K) and i attribute that to bad break in on my part. I was 25 at the time and had no will power. Hell , I'm 38 and I still don't have it.

The 1st thing I'm going to recommend you do on your 03 is an oil change.. it's already "broke in" a little on the dyno oil, so I'd recommend you install Mobil 1 synthetic in it.. this is what I'm going to do..

Friendchicken

Originally posted by Blue2003Cobra

The 1st thing I'm going to recommend you do on your 03 is an oil change.. it's already "broke in" a little on the dyno oil, so I'd recommend you install Mobil 1 synthetic in it.. this is what I'm going to do..

Wouldn't that void the warantee if they didn't include that in the maintenance manual?

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by 98kobra

Wouldn't that void the warantee if they didn't include that in the maintenance manual?

Why would changing the oil void a warranty? Mobil 1 meets the OEM requirements.

Robert

hantzis

Established Member
Don't change to synthetic until you break in the engine

SVT STRONGLY recommends that you wait 5000 miles before you change to synthetic oil.

Friendchicken

Originally posted by Rob03

Why would changing the oil void a warranty? Mobil 1 meets the OEM requirements.

Robert

I wasn't aware they made mobile 1 with 5w20 wt.- which is what the manual says to use in mine

Users who are viewing this thread