AT&T can ****ing blow me

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
AT&T is by far the worst cell service I have ever had. I have 0 bars at my house and most everywhere I go. I can't make or recieve calls unless I'm in the exact right goddamn position. I have to go 4 ****ing blocks from my house 'till I get a couple bars so I can make calls, and text messages aren't even an option (they never send).

More bars in more places, my ass. When my contract ends in September, I'm switching to Verizon.

AT&T sucks all around.

I had their worthless DSL internet service in 3 different states, and it sucks period. slow, takes forever for the page to load. finally made the switch to Comcast internet, and bam, this internet is crazy fast, even if I am paying $25 more a month for it.

but I looked into their cell phone plans a while back, and they're too damn pricey. I get a good rate with T-mobile and I always have full service.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
like people have said, some companies have a stronger presence in certain regions. Around here, Alltel/Verizon/Ntelos have the broader signal; but when I travel I see that AT&T generally does have the better coverage nationally. I was with AT&T back when they were originally AT&T Wireless (before they were Cingular). I was pleased because of my govt discount and coverage when traveling... but I moved to a location that just happens to be about 200 yards from where AT&T's coverage stops in my area. Alltel still covers about 10 miles south of my home, so I switched & use them as my home phone.

moarboost

Banned
Call 800-331-0500 and have them check your coverage. If it is ok then your phone needs to be updated. They can do this and it is very simple.

wakeover

Established Member
I used to have AT&T...I kept getting a ton of dropped calls. I switched to Verizon and I get great reception everywhere, except my house. I have to go into my closet on the 2nd floor which faces east to get a good signal. I really wanted to get the iphone...but with all the problems that I had with AT&T...forget it. BTW, AT&T has the worst static and and the most No Service areas here in Denver according to Consumer Reports.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
I get great AT&T service here in southern Cow Hampshire.
I used to have Sprint a few years ago and could never get service at home or at work -- one time I was traveling and was in the middle of Philadelphia and couldn't get a signal.

From what I've seen Verizon and AT&T have the best coverage overall -- but every service has dead spots.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I have both ATT (personal) and Verizon (Work phone). Verizon is horrible. Everyone told me Verizon was better than Sprint/Nextel which I use to have so I figured I would switch. Service is about the same. But I dont pay as much and get more services with Verizon. Still I will be somewhere have full service with ATT and like 0-1 bars with Verizon. Everytime I go in they say they are working on the towers. Every freakin day they are working on them, come on. OR did you update your phone recently?
Sometime my phone doesnt even ring. Just randomly gets voicemails. One day I had 4 voicemails in a matter of 30 minutes and phone never rang once.
Can you hear me now? Nope bec I dont have serivce. :fm:

ATT is by far the BEST company out there. :rockon:

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
In reality it is stupid to say one company is better then the other. Compare both companies coverage maps and see which has the best overall in your area. Verizon and AT&T have there strong areas and weak areas.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
AT&T is by far the worst cell service I have ever had. I have 0 bars at my house and most everywhere I go. I can't make or recieve calls unless I'm in the exact right goddamn position. I have to go 4 ****ing blocks from my house 'till I get a couple bars so I can make calls, and text messages aren't even an option (they never send).

More bars in more places, my ass. When my contract ends in September, I'm switching to Verizon.

dude what the hell do you expect? Full service everywhere? Do you have any idea how many millions of dollars ONE cell tower costs?

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
I feel your pain op. as soon as I walk into my apt I get little to no service. you have to walk around looking for it. and in a 10 min coversation you drop the call at least 12 times or more. I was going to switch to verizon when my contract ends in oct but we are in the process of getting a house and we get full signal where its at so guess I will keep them. but wont be doing a new contract just in case.

stangin99

Established Member
Pfsh don't you know, AT&T is the god-carrier of carriers.

They literally shit 3G connections because they have so many they don't know what to do with them. You're obviously an idiot or need a brand new iPhone in order to fully take advantage of AT&T's Solstice-like awesomeness.

\SVTPresponse

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Pfsh don't you know, AT&T is the god-carrier of carriers.

They literally shit 3G connections because they have so many they don't know what to do with them. You're obviously an idiot or need a brand new iPhone in order to fully take advantage of AT&T's Solstice-like awesomeness.

\SVTPresponse

We actually carry a Samsung named the Solstice....hahahaha

OP call 611 from your handset and have them put in a trouble ticket. It'll take a few to get noticed so call every few days.

Also stop by a corporate store and Get a new SIM card.

How long has this problem been occuring? How old is your handset? What model is it?

With details I can help you decide if ATT is still the best carrier for you. Nobody is everywhere all the time. Its just a matter of finding the carrier that is where you are at that time.

Antagon

Established Member
Here in so cal ATT blows. Tons of dropped calls, tons of late txts and voicemails.

I hear its completely unusable in San Francisco though, can anyone chime in on that?

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
I've had good service with Alltel and Verizon, both with Nationwide service. We used to get complaints like this when I worked for a pager company, sales associates wouldn't check to see if the service coverage was available in the main area people lived and sometimes we had to tell them they couldn't get service at all. When in doubt get a messenger pigeon or bow & arrow!

16kOrBust

Established Member
I was skeptical of the following until I saw it first hand: switching to a different phone can make a large difference in coverage on the same network. And the example I saw was with AT&T in New Hampshire. Just a heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread