AT4 over the raptor

IA Shelby

Established Member
The best truck is one that you can afford comfortably. For some folks that is an 02 F150. Consider yourself fortunate. Nice truck.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Theres a single use rocket called AT4 also. The inside tube is about 84mm in diameter.
Eighty four

Maybe GMC named it at4 for all terrain 4 wheel drive?

Yeah I was expecting something rocket related when I opened the page and then remembered they had a Silverado AT4. Sort of disappointed because my imagination was going there for a bit on what it possibly could be.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
lol that thing has a comically small rolling package. never skip leg day... Get a lift and 35s ASAP!

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Yeah that truck needs wheels and tires badly.

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good. The Sierra >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Silverado

Never knew the 6.2L Chevy engine couldn't be tuned(?)

Some bigger tires and it'll look great.

deepsouthtech

Established Member
It was hard biting the bullet on my new raptor ($73K loaded out the door) but it was well worth it. I absolutely love it and as long as they make them, that is what I will be driving. Nice truck though OP. If I had not had the means for the raptor, I was considering a GMC's over getting another FX4

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
That's been the problem since 1995 ...

Someone will crack it, im sure.
Well, if you want to tune your new dmax you need a $1500 modified pcm, if you want to tune a 19 ZR1 you need a $2500 modified pcm, so even if it happens, it wont be cheap or easy unfortunately, and you won't likely be tuning the pcm that came with the vehicle.

Things are still good in the Ford world, but GM and Chrysler are making it increasingly difficult to tune their current systems.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The PCM in the 19 GM trucks is locked down. No tuning available anywhere.
TCM can only be tuned if removed and modified. Times are a-changin :)

doesn't appear to effect all 19 GM trucks, at least with HPtuners, can tune 19 yukons with the 6.2, but the 19 sierra is not on the list. Most of the 19 silverados are on the list, except for 6.2. Since 2017 the GM trucks now require 4 credits instead of 2...

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
doesn't appear to effect all 19 GM trucks, at least with HPtuners, can tune 19 yukons with the 6.2, but the 19 sierra is not on the list. Most of the 19 silverados are on the list, except for 6.2. Since 2017 the GM trucks now require 4 credits instead of 2...
19 Silverado Classics (all 5.3s) can be tuned. 19 2500 6.0 models can be tuned, as they are also carry-over.
New Body Style 19 Trucks (5.3 or 6.2) cannot.
The 19 SUVs (5.3 or 6.2) are carry over from 18 so they can still be tuned.
Most likely everything will be off the table for 2020, including Corvette and Camaro...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
19 Silverado Classics (all 5.3s) can be tuned. 19 2500 6.0 models can be tuned, as they are also carry-over.
New Body Style 19 Trucks (5.3 or 6.2) cannot.
The 19 SUVs (5.3 or 6.2) are carry over from 18 so they can still be tuned.
Most likely everything will be off the table for 2020, including Corvette and Camaro...

Yeah, the vette will be using the new ECU, it’s got new encryption to combat ‘hacking’ lol... GM just wants the aftermarket tuning business. I am sure it will be eventually cracked, but I bet the credit count goes way up.

Users who are viewing this thread