ATCO RACEWAY DECEMBER 2ND/10 sec NA attempt!!

SICKSIXTYSEVEN

Established Member
Anyone want to come down to Atco Raceway on Monday December 2nd for a rental?? I think there doing a fund raiser and its $ 150 to run for the day...

Im going to head down hopefully the weathers good. Im seeking a 10.99 Naturally aspirated 2nd time out still under 10 passes with the car. I know what minor adjustments I have to make to hit my goal....

Anyone have 17 inch skinnies I can borrow or rent to make this a reality... Bogarts/Welds?? Heard the racemasters suck??? Weld RTS are back ordered and won't make it in time..

Im working with the 11.60 on a 1.72 60 foot..... here is my logic

Adjust my lower control arm to lowest setting/ditch factory front sway bar which limited me big... rear drag shocks... 60 foot goal is 1.49

get them heavy ass factory 19 inch wheels off the front and i really see at least 2 tenths off my time slip.. Im thinking .25 I been here before plenty of times

The 1 piece driveshaft ditching 25lbs rotating mass from the factory piece and letting me launch above 4500 RPMS which I never done before

last time out was 60 degrees a little humid hoping its mid 40's no humidity... going to get it!!!!!

SCalla1384

Established Member
Hmmmm... About a 5hr trip for me... If weather is good I may make the trip. Although, I'm not a fan of racing in serious negative DA..

BV600

Established Member
Seeing your last post I dnt think the mph is there. Also seen your on a drag radial and not a slick thats brave In a manual

Mike Rousch

Established Member
I cant say I am in for sure yet, But i will let you know by the weekend. I would love to do some more testing!

Good luck on that 10 sec slip, I agree with the above though. You really need to be on a slick!

SICKSIXTYSEVEN

Established Member
Seeing your last post I dnt think the mph is there. Also seen your on a drag radial and not a slick thats brave In a manual

I cant say I am in for sure yet, But i will let you know by the weekend. I would love to do some more testing!

Good luck on that 10 sec slip, I agree with the above though. You really need to be on a slick!

Have you guys ever seen the Hoosier Drag Radials?? They weight the same as a slick much lighter than MT drag radials, hook like a slick, have a sidewall like a slick but they call them a radial. The mph faster than a full slick.. They are so good they are banned in all drag radial classes what does that tell you. Mickey Thompson has there copy and its the MT Radial Pro they just released

I was going 120.56 mph without skinnies in the morning before I had to air down to get traction. If i can keep the Tire pressure at 18lbs and have the skinnies in the front it should get that MPH up to 124 where I need to be. The skinnies gain good MPH... I was also stupid to run with the front sway bar in the car which hammered my 60 foots. Im not saying it will be easy but it will be close

FIFTY

Established Member
Dude, your going to need a lot more than what u have listed to hit 10.99, what's is your complete mod list

SICKSIXTYSEVEN

Established Member
Dude, your going to need a lot more than what u have listed to hit 10.99, what's is your complete mod list

A set of front skinny's is going to gain you 4+ mph???

don't know if you saw my other post 10.99 is 6 tenths away with my mods i went 11.60 @ 119.56 already and that was with a horrible 1.72 60 foot, front sway bar still in car, stock driveshaft, no skinnies factory 19's on car, no drag shocks, half tank of fuel and only launched the car at 4500 RPMS....

going back to the track with skinnies on car, front sway bar out of the car which should take my 1.75 60 foot to 1.50. 1 piece driveshaft so I can launch harder, rear drag shocks.. I know i got 2 tenths to take off my 60 foot, 2 tenths gain from the skinnies.. The driveshaft and the skinnies take a lot of rotating mass off the car. It was also 60 degrees and humid when i ran 11.60 hoping for mid 40's this time. I didn't say it would be easy I said it would be close. I know it will be.... I run an 8.50 index car hence the name SICKSIXTYSEVEN so I'm all to familiar with this shit

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I wish you luck man!

2 tenths from skinnys - not from my experience, and a 1.50 60 you'll need to leave hard. My experience removing the swaybar didnt help much. I've been 1.52 with it on and 1.52 with it off. Weather should help alot though, a 20 degree temp difference is substantial.

I predict 11.14 at 122 with a 1.62 60ft

I hope you prove me wrong! Good luck!

SICKSIXTYSEVEN

Established Member
I wish you luck man!

2 tenths from skinnys - not from my experience, and a 1.50 60 you'll need to leave hard. My experience removing the swaybar didnt help much. I've been 1.52 with it on and 1.52 with it off. Weather should help alot though, a 20 degree temp difference is substantial.

I predict 11.14 at 122 with a 1.62 60ft

I hope you prove me wrong! Good luck!

Yea the sway bar delete doesn't do much for an auto car but helps a lot for a stick car. id be happy with an 11.14 too lol... I just figured id go give it a shot better than not trying at all. I want to get an automatic car after this. i looked into swaps but all the big name vendors are saying cut your losses unbolt your stuff and go buy a factory auto car. I wish I did from the start.

do you have a converter in your car?

FIFTY

Established Member
don't know if you saw my other post 10.99 is 6 tenths away with my mods i went 11.60 @ 119.56 already and that was with a horrible 1.72 60 foot, front sway bar still in car, stock driveshaft, no skinnies factory 19's on car, no drag shocks, half tank of fuel and only launched the car at 4500 RPMS....

going back to the track with skinnies on car, front sway bar out of the car which should take my 1.75 60 foot to 1.50. 1 piece driveshaft so I can launch harder, rear drag shocks.. I know i got 2 tenths to take off my 60 foot, 2 tenths gain from the skinnies.. The driveshaft and the skinnies take a lot of rotating mass off the car. It was also 60 degrees and humid when i ran 11.60 hoping for mid 40's this time. I didn't say it would be easy I said it would be close. I know it will be.... I run an 8.50 index car hence the name SICKSIXTYSEVEN so I'm all to familiar with this shit

I just think you need a bit more to get your 10's ....hopefully you will prove me wrong, good luck bro...

Going to leave this here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/876095-bolt-all-motor-aed-gt-goes-10s.html

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Yea the sway bar delete doesn't do much for an auto car but helps a lot for a stick car. id be happy with an 11.14 too lol... I just figured id go give it a shot better than not trying at all. I want to get an automatic car after this. i looked into swaps but all the big name vendors are saying cut your losses unbolt your stuff and go buy a factory auto car. I wish I did from the start.

do you have a converter in your car?

Yeah, autos are different for sure. I still have the stock converter in my car...NA time in my Sig was in some good negative DA with a 1.82 60 ft. Nitrous time was leaving on the bottle and that run I pulled a 1.57 60ft.

Again, good luck and keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread