ATF+4 and TR6060

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
So, there is alot of info on what everybody likes and doesnt like when it comes to the trans fluid being used in the TR6060. I have about 20 gallons of the Mopar ATF+4 in my garage. It is what Dodge uses in the TR6060 for the Challenger. I believe it was made by Mobil a while back but that might have changed since the bankrupcy deal. The Mopar ATF+4 is a damn good full synthetic fluid.

The Challengers seem to shift alot better than the GT500's. I want to get the "break in" fluid out of my trans and im thinking of using the Mopar ATF+4 that I have a stock pile of for the refill. Since it is a fluid that Tremec approved of for the Challengers I dont think it will be a problem. (pretty much same trans in the GT500's) Also its a full synthetic thats much better than the Motorcraft stuff.

Anybody use ATF+4 in thier GT500? Any trans guys in here think it might be a problem?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
There's only one non-factory fluid Tremec will recommend and warranty.

Mobil 1 ATF.

That's it.

It works.

bj

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
There's only one non-factory fluid Tremec will recommend and warranty.

Mobil 1 ATF.

That's it.

It works.

bj

Thats what I have been seeing. Just didnt know since the ATF+4 was approved by Tremec in the Challenger TR6060. Its really the same transmission with slightly different gear ratios compared to the GT500 TR6060. I can say the Challenger TR6060 shifts alot more smooth than the GT500 one. That might be because of the longer throw shifter the Challenger has though.

Ill most likely end up using the Mobil1 syn ATF but if the ATF+4 will work, I have a ton of it.....:) I e-mailed Tremec a few minutes ago to see what they say about it.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I saw someone over on GT500 gave you Nate's address. I'm fairly certain he'll tell you the same thing, but maybe he'll give the "green light" to the other stuff.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

Users who are viewing this thread