Atlanta area mustangs/cobras?

04RiceEater

Established Member
I will be moving to Norcross,GA in the next couple of weeks and seeing if there was any clubs or meets anywhere in the local area (including Atlanta). Also if anyone knows if there are any 03-04 Cobras for sale around the area. Im looking to pick one up in the next month and seeing if there are any worth checking out.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends!

Thanks guys:beer:

Jack

Last edited:

04RiceEater

Established Member
I will be moving to Norcross,GA in the next couple of weeks and seeing if there was any clubs or meets anywhere in the local area (including Atlanta). Also if anyone knows if there are any 03-04 Cobras for sale around the area. Im looking to pick one up in the next month and seeing if there are any worth checking out.

Looking forward to meeting some new friends:beer:

Thanks guys:rolling:

Jack

Redmustang47

Mustang Obsessed
Established Member
We have a local club called Ford Performance Club of atlanta. We welcome all ford powered performance vehicles. We meet at the team ford in Marietta every first Tuesday of the month for meetings. We do stuff together with our cars as often as possible. There are tons of carshows in the area every weekend.

you can check out our website for more information if you would like. Feel free to join the forum and introduce yourself.
Ford Performance Club of Atlanta

04RiceEater

Established Member
Cool. My bud lives in Marietta so I always over that way. I will check out the club site as well and introduce myself. Thanks guys!

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I'm partial to FPCOA as well. There are a lot of local car shows if your into that. Just about one every weekend.

I was in this group back in 2001 when it was the SVTOA. :beer: Only one or two guys left from that era, but anyway still a good group of guys.

Right up the interstate is Mustangs Unlimited, which has several good Mustang shows each year. Although I'd resist buying anything from them, their customer service is horrid and prices suck, but if it's Saturday afternoon and you need a specific part, they might be your saviour. Anyway, the shows are fun: Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

Also there is a MCA chartered club nearby: Gwinnett Mustang Association

2001blkR

Established Member
I've been looking forward to going to the fpcoa meets and runs but it always seems like I'm working on the cobra more than driving it. Anybody else have this problem lol? I'm in Marietta btw

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I've been looking forward to going to the fpcoa meets and runs but it always seems like I'm working on the cobra more than driving it. Anybody else have this problem lol? I'm in Marietta btw

LOL wish I had your problems.
I think I have put like 1000 miles on it this year and since I had it tuned and replaced rear wheel studs.
In fact haven't gone through more than 5 tanks this year if that.
Hopefully when it cools down a little i will drive it some.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Mustangs Unlimited show this Sunday. Might be a little toasty. I plan on coming out to check out the cars and then watch the rollout with my boys. :burnout:

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Mustangs Unlimited show this Sunday. Might be a little toasty. I plan on coming out to check out the cars and then watch the rollout with my boys. :burnout:

I think I may make this one as a spectator and drive mine if its kinda nice weather wise.
I'll act like a tourist and bring my camera :)

2001blkR

Established Member
Jay, I might be there too, as a spectator of course. Goin E85 and 23 psi brother, hoping for ~720. Should be fun lol

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
Jay, I might be there too, as a spectator of course. Goin E85 and 23 psi brother, hoping for ~720. Should be fun lol

Good luck hope you make it.
I like my 600 rwhp because I have no issues and don't have to screw with it any.
Plus I can find fuel every block without problems.
When I get tired and bored of it I will go to the newer gt500 and the 5.4 and get more hp then.
These 4.6's are nice but they will break and the trannys will give if you push them to much imo.

mysteed

Established Member
I was in this group back in 2001 when it was the SVTOA. :beer: Only one or two guys left from that era, but anyway still a good group of guys.

Right up the interstate is Mustangs Unlimited, which has several good Mustang shows each year. Although I'd resist buying anything from them, their customer service is horrid and prices suck, but if it's Saturday afternoon and you need a specific part, they might be your saviour. Anyway, the shows are fun: Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

Also there is a MCA chartered club nearby: Gwinnett Mustang Association
Oh the SVTOA, I haven't thought about that group of guys in over a year. Great group while it lasted. :beer:

I agree with the thoughts on Mustangs Unlimited though while you're over there you may as well go by MPS Auto Salvage in Winder and get parts there too. I've been there a bunch of times for parts, just ask for Phil and he can usually find you whatever you need.:rockon:

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Oh the SVTOA, I haven't thought about that group of guys in over a year. Great group while it lasted. :beer:

I agree with the thoughts on Mustangs Unlimited though while you're over there you may as well go by MPS Auto Salvage in Winder and get parts there too. I've been there a bunch of times for parts, just ask for Phil and he can usually find you whatever you need.:rockon:

Absolutely right on MPS. When I had my '92 I was in there every other Saturday morning for this or that. More than once if they didn't have what I needed on the shelf, we went to the back lot to harvest it off of a car and always a very fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread