Atnn: Scott, got the Killer combo and pads, now how do I use them?

primo

Established Member
Thanks for the great & speedy service by the way. I am about to use the PC along with the pads I purchased. I also bought the SSR 2.5. What is the best way to use the SSR? Should I start with the yellow cutting pad and then follow up with the white pad? What speed should I use on the PC? Also, When I'm done with the SSR, what pads should I use for the Killer Combo? Thanks, Gene

Last edited by a moderator:

spree

Established Member
You can do it a couple of ways...my way:

SSR 2.5 on cutting pad, spritz cutting pad with a little QD spray, start it off at 3 and crank it up to about 5 until it almost disappears, buff off
VM on polishing pad, work it in at 3, buff it off
CMW by hand or using finishing pad, buff it off

Scott will probably recommend this though, especially if this is your first time with the PC:

SSR 2.5 on a polishing pad
VM on a finishing pad
CMW by hand

trance_in_miami

Established Member
I usually hold the pc @# 3.5 and put carnauba wax on the pad on my left hand and i carry a MF cloth on my right. Wax on wax off. It workked for me. :beer:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
I usually hold the pc @# 3.5 and put carnauba wax on the pad on my left hand and i carry a MF cloth on my right. Wax on wax off. It workked for me. :beer:
I should try that!

Scott P

Established Member
T BAG said:
Thanks for the great & speedy service by the way. I am about to use the PC along with the pads I purchased. I also bought the SSR 2.5. What is the best way to use the SSR? Should I start with the yellow cutting pad and then follow up with the white pad? What speed should I use on the PC? Also, When I'm done with the SSR, what pads should I use for the Killer Combo? Thanks, Gene

I would start with SSR2.5 on the white pad. Spread it around a 2x2 ft area, on speed 4, then crank it up to 5.5-6 and work in overlapping lines until the SSR begins to dust up a bit. Wipe off with a towela and check your progress. If the swirls are heavier, give SSR2.5 a try on the yellow pad. That may leave some hazing behind as it removes swirls, so follow up with SSR2.5 on the white pad again to get those out.

Once you have most everything out, repeat the process with the other white pad and SSR1. Apply your Vanilla Mose with the blue (or black) pad on speed 4.5. Wipe that off and apply your Carnauba Moose Wax by hand per the included idrections.

Users who are viewing this thread