ATS-V news a some other goodies :)

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Wrong part of the Forum ... please move to road side mods :)

425 Horsepower And Twin-Turbo V-6 For Cadillac ATS-V: Report

Cadillac introduced a new ATS Coupe at the Detroit Auto Show this week, but missing from the automaker’s stand was a high-performance ‘V’ version. We know Cadillac still plans to launch an ATS-V, initially as a sedan and then as a coupe, and the choice of powerplant for these cars is a twin-turbocharged V-6.

Now we have an idea of how much power to expect. Motor Trend is reporting that the upcoming ATS-V models will feature a 425-horsepower version of the twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter V-6 found in the CTS Vsport and XTS Vsport models.

That matches the output of BMW’s new M3 and M4 models and is less than the output of the Lexus RC F, and it’s likely to be lower than the output of the next-generation Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, but the ATS-V models should be lighter than their rivals thanks to the base ATS’ Alpha underpinnings. The ATS-V models are also said to benefit from a seven-speed manual transmission (GM's new eight-speed auto is likely to be an option).

The story doesn’t end there, however. The ATS-V models are also reported to come in more potent ‘plus’ flavor. These will reportedly receive a different engine altogether, tipped to be a V-8.

Motor Trend is also reporting that Cadillac’s next CTS-V will get a twin-turbocharged version of the Corvette Stingray’s 6.2-liter LT1 V-8. This engine is alleged to appear in a successor for the C6 Corvette ZR1, though we’re unlikely to see such a car for several years still.

A launch date for the ATS-V, meanwhile, remains uncertain; Cadillac has a lot of new product coming onto the market this year including the new Escalade, ELR electric and new ATS Coupe, though we could still see the launch of an ATS-V later this year or early next.

Love the sound of a Twin Turbo 6.2L Engine :)

Crowley

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I mentioned the ATS-V power plant in the coupe thread. They are light cars too. Should be an interesting car as I love the sedan. Not so much the coupe.

kaz109

Established Member
Can't wait for the head to head test when the ctsv comes out since it is a level playing field with all cars being F.I

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Can't wait for the head to head test when the ctsv comes out since it is a level playing field with all cars being F.I

The new m3/4 and the ATS-v should be a good battle. They weigh quite a bit less than the other competitors so they should be more nimble while matching the Benz in straight line speed.

Not a fan of the new CTS and I have owned a previous generation V too.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
The new m3/4 and the ATS-v should be a good battle. They weigh quite a bit less than the other competitors so they should be more nimble while matching the Benz in straight line speed.

Not a fan of the new CTS and I have owned a previous generation V too.

I was more so talking about the CTSV not the ATSV....the ctsv came out and was F.I so it out powered the other guys (tho it still lost to the NA E63) so I am curious how this new gen will do when the other guys all have F.I platforms now

M5 4.4TT
RS7 4.0TT
E63 S 5.5 biturbo

They all wipe the floor with this LSx motor CTSV so I can't wait for GM to use a TT LTx motor and see where it stands.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I was more so talking about the CTSV not the ATSV....the ctsv came out and was F.I so it out powered the other guys (tho it still lost to the NA E63) so I am curious how this new gen will do when the other guys all have F.I platforms now

M5 4.4TT
RS7 4.0TT
E63 S 5.5 biturbo

They all wipe the floor with this LSx motor CTSV so I can't wait for GM to use a TT LTx motor and see where it stands.
I hope they would, they are all newer platforms. The gen 2 V was made to beat the E60 M5 which it did. Bmw countered with the 2012 model. The above 3 showed their cards and I'm sure GM will not release the new cts without it being on top again. It will reign for 2-3 yrs and then one of the German manufacturers will counter. V models usually run in a 4-5yr cycle. We can all be thankful for this never ending arms race.

kaz109

Established Member
I hope they would, they are all newer platforms. The gen 2 V was made to beat the E60 M5 which it did. Bmw countered with the 2012 model. The above 3 showed their cards and I'm sure GM will not release the new cts without it being on top again. It will reign for 2-3 yrs and then one of the German manufacturers will counter. V models usually run in a 4-5yr cycle. We can all be thankful for this never ending arms race.

I wouldn't say on top since it got beat or was dead even with the NA E63 lol

Users who are viewing this thread