Attn: All tf valve cover users

rkupon1

RADARB8
Established Member
Well guys, as most of u know i had a completely full build dun in the last 6 mos. as a recap its a JLP SHORTBLOCK, 3.4L WHIPPLE,TF HEADS,L&M CAMS, WMS FUEL SYSTEM,CANNON 3" EXHAUST, and other goods..after finally getting her fired up this week and street tuned for sum break in miles, jj was reluctant to let me know that my junk *** MONSTER BOX TRANNY is starting to fail(gr8 another 4g i need for a built tranny). so after an orientation on the truck, i take delivery and head home..well as soon as i got on the interstate the truck began billowing enormous clouds of smoke..and i mean really freaking bad..i ve never been so embarased. these were not WOT pulls, they were all under simple acceleration. these piece of **** tf valve covers r dumping oil into my pcv system for sure..jus like nicks(alienfreaks) thread not so long ago..well add me to the list like the rest of them guys. here r sum crappy cell phone vids of my 2-stroke truck. now the spark plugs r starting to foul and truck jus isnt running rite at all. im too busy and aint got it in me to take it back to JJ s. when does this sport bcome fun??? im tired of waiting for my truck and making that drive. so im gunna order me up some stock covers and new plugs. kevin(smokn02) is gunna help me do the swap. thank god for my talented lightning friends like him and nick who r both currently blown up after going built also. nj chapter aint doing so well.

p.s. my new meziere IC pump is leaking coolant from the actual pump housing. add it to the list of misery -end rant-

YouTube - Ryan's Truck Blwoing Smoke

YouTube - MOV00161.3gp

rkupon1

RADARB8
Established Member
FWIW, JJ has offered to correct this problem at all costs and involvements. to me its jus easier to go back to stock covers with the help of sum lightning friends up here by me.i jus wanna be able to enjoy this truck again

rkupon1

RADARB8
Established Member
ok guys we all good now and i had a blast driving the truck around today...first off i jus wanted to disclose sum much left out info..jj took me for a ride and beat the truck sum along with using the line loc as a demo..and i di take it to the gas station and back.it never blow ne hint of smoke til 5o miles in to my return home trip..trust me, jj woulda made me drive my exploder back home witout my L if he seen that at all..so when i got home i added a 2nd breather, on the passenger side now. it still chugged smoke..than i capped the pcv line from the valve..and wouldnt u know it, after 15miles, NO MORE SMOKE. i ve been stabbing it alil more and more now that im over my inital 250mile break in mark..did the oil change too..now let me say this, this truck MAKES ME SMILE AGAIN! its loud, fast,nasty and really loud..the cams rumble me and the truck. been gettin looks in the jersey shore all afternoon. the engine bay is very clean and truck is really gr8 on power even in a break in tune..i havent yet exceeded 5-8lbs of boost, and already im closing the throttle due to excessive speed and sound..lol, im very happy with this bad boy and even happier wit jj. even thru my bs attitude i gave him he remained calm with me and has my back. this is jus a hiccup in the process, and will be solved very soon. everything else is all good. i will be posting sum vids of walk arounds and roll ons 2morow..taking my gf to Atlantic City for her bday..im even gunna try and get a bad *** tunnel vid roll on..guys, this thing is fun and i have been really lookn forward to it. sept 17th it goes back to jj for a built tranny and sum dyno/tuning time..all while im in europe..tryn to get ready for sum track rentals and shakedown passes...thanx for the interest

p.s. these cams rock and truck is loud,lol...(sorry 4 the over excitement, its my first built motor vehical)

Users who are viewing this thread