ATTN: Silver and White Cobra Owners!!!!!

Venomous27

Inked Up
Established Member
Have ANY of you had any issues with your paint turning alittle yellowish????.... particularly on the side rocker panels and the side scoops?.... if you haven't noticed anything take a good look and tell me what you think... cause my friend has a silver and got his repainted under warranty and then i went to take a look and BAM!... it's alittle yellower than the rest of the car.... WHAT IS THIS?!!!! Is this what we get for buying an over $30,000 car? I love my cobra.........but DAMN MAN!!!!Owning a terminator is a dysfunctional relationship if you ask me.... :nonono:

whtsnake03

Established Member
I saw a thread a little while back about white turning yellow. Never heard of it happening on sliver tho.

I think the solution was to buff it out and wax it or have Ford repaint it under warranty.

Hasn't happened to me (yet).

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I can kind of notice it on my white car under certain light. I seams to be on the parts that are fiberglass or plastic. There are usually painted off the car when it is built, so often they don't match exactly. Alot of cars have this, even higher end cars like Audi.

Black'03GT

Established Member
I've noticed it on mine. My side scoops and rocker panels are somewhat discolored from the rest of the car's paint.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
On silver and white cars, the plastic pieces will not match no matter how you paint it. Tey will be close but you can tell its off. I have never seen any yellow on my Silver car. Only thing ive noticed is my exhaust makes my rear bumper slightly yellowish/brown above the tips, but a little bit of NXT over it takes it right off.

n0xlf

Established Member
My white is slightly off, but as mentioned above, it's only noticeable under the right light...I'd rather live with it than have the dealer touch my car...

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
Mine too. The difference in materials and the fact that these peices take a beating on the road ( I have 24,000 miles street & track ) lots if small chips. Easily removed and repainted if you are bothered.

Tucker

Mine are yellowed too. I do collision repair as a profession (becoming 2nd job to JLT) so I will take care of it myself soon.

Problem is white is VERY hard to match. I know, you wouldn't thinkg so, but there are millions of white shades and one tiny drop of toner will throw it off enough to notice.

If you have them painted, they "may" be worse when there done.

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
I just had new Bullitt side scoops painted for my silver '04 and they match the car better than the original. This body shop does alot of custom and dealership work. When he was matching the paint with the paint code, he had 8 different shades of the same color. There is no way to just use the paint code. He said the problem is that the factory paints out of 55gl tanks and they do not aggitate them. All the metallic settels to the bottom, so the first car shot is the light and they get darker down the line and more metalic. Scoops are not painted on the car, some bumpers are not either. Therefore it might not be the same batch of paint.
Also, Plastic is very hard to match. Plastic's all absorb different amounts of paint color making them look a little different. However, some plastic does not absorb paint at all. Very tough to get everthing to match.
Just make sure they use your paint code and them match the color from there. Like I said, this shop had 8 different shades of my silver Ford used.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
slightly discolored on the scoops and 1 rocker. i had one repainted cause of a huge rock chip.

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
I have never had bad luck trying to have a painter match my paint as long as I gave him the code and my gas door to match.

Users who are viewing this thread