ATTN: Tucker - Question about RAI

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Hey Tucker, does the RAI on the Cobra have a connection for the PCV hose? Or would I need the S&B breather?

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
You can order the breather but if you don't it comes with the provision to attach the stock PCV hose. It just has to be trimmed around 1/2" inch. The instructions you receive has very clear instructions either way you go. Oh yeah, awesome product Tucker!! That's one BIG filter that comes with it too!

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
BradN01 said:
You can order the breather but if you don't it comes with the provision to attach the stock PCV hose. It just has to be trimmed around 1/2" inch. The instructions you receive has very clear instructions either way you go. Oh yeah, awesome product Tucker!! That's one BIG filter that comes with it too!
Great, thanks! Now, is there a reason I should or shouldn't do the breather? Pros/cons?

EDIT: I found my answer(s).

Last edited:

Fast Willy

Established Member
I've heard that some people have problems with low idle with the breather, so I didnt get it with mine and mine works just fine.

SVT SPEED 04

Established Member
The breather could cause issues if the PCV system is not removed. The open valve cover breather allows the PCV system to draw unmetered air from outside the motor. This in turn can throw off fuel trims and could cause small idle issues.

We have seen this on both GM and Ford cars in shop.

just our experience

WDW MKR

Established Member
What is Tucker's contact info? I'd like to see about getting an RAI w/out the filter. I already have an AR Stage I filter kit, but would like to replace the ugly factory plastic intake pipe.

Tucker

If I were running a breather on the drivers side, I'd say your right. Or if I were doing open track events where I was on boost most of the time.

Breathers on last 3 blower cars and no issues.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
BradN01 said:

Tucker or BradN01???

I ordered the breather but, now you have me worried! So..I can use it without the breather..just follow instructions for use with stock hose? It is in the garage or I would go check but, regardless of breather ordered or not..it comes with the previson to use stock hose?

Tucker

No need to worry. This subject is over thought out.
If you ordered a breather there is no PCV fitting.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Tucker said:
No need to worry. This subject is over thought out.
If you ordered a breather there is no PCV fitting.

If I wanted one could I get one? I have not even taken the RAI out of the box yet...but, this has got me to thinking maybe I need the PCV fitting. Let me know.

Tucker

I would be happy to send you a fitting for this. All you will need to do is line up where it goes and drill a 5/8 hole. Then the fitting will screw in. No big deal.

Mike_Hawk

Too Much Juice
Established Member
Tucker said:
I would be happy to send you a fitting for this. All you will need to do is line up where it goes and drill a 5/8 hole. Then the fitting will screw in. No big deal.
Could you send me one too? I'll need it later when the car is going to get smogged. I just ordered the RAI and 2 breathers under the name Michael Moneda. Thanks!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Tucker said:

Thanks Tucker! Sorry to be a pain but, just in case...can you send it to me? I ordered under Michael Kincaid..but, I will PM you the address...okay?

Users who are viewing this thread