ATV Tuneup: Nastalgic Warrior 350

projectslideway

Established Member
Thought I'd show everyone a little side project I've been working on over the last few weeks.

Backstory: My grandfather picked up this Warrior brand new back in 1991. He kept up with the maintenance religiously until the late 2000's until it sat in a shed with bad gas a gunked up carb. This quad means the world to me... my grandfather would ride it while I rode my little Yamaha Badger 80 back in the day. When I was about 10 I got to graduate to this quad which is literally the vehicle that helped me learn the fundamentals of a clutch. As of lately, he has really slowed down physically and I wanted to do something for him. So I picked it up and got to work.

I drained the bad fuel, it looked like iced tea. Put some fresh fuel in the tank with some seafoam and let it sit overnight. Came back and drained it back out (this, theoretically, helped clean the petcock screen). The intake manifold is a WEIRD design (it's two metal flanges with a molded rubber boot in the middle), apparently these a prone to failure on Warriors and cause symptoms like backfiring and poor/no driveability, so this torn piece was replaced. I also swapped the carb with a Caltric OE replacement. I also replaced the plug and greased all the zerks. Finally, I pressure washed it and this thing turned out fantastic. We used to beat the snot of of this four-wheeler and it always took it, great to have it back!

Side note: Caltric carbs are great quality, bolted on, set the idle screw, rode it, and checked the plug. Good to go!

image1.JPG

image4.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My first "Sport" quad was a 1989 Warrior!!! Thing was a beast and I can't recall how many times I wrecked mine and it kept going. Kind of cool you can still buy one today (Raptor 350).

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Nice man. I love old school quads. I need to do this to my quad. I haven't fired mine up in over 8yrs. Gas tank, carb, and bottom end is probably all gunked up.

-Mark

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
My first "Sport" quad was a 1989 Warrior!!! Thing was a beast and I can't recall how many times I wrecked mine and it kept going. Kind of cool you can still buy one today (Raptor 350).

they actually discontinued the raptor 250 and raptor 350. I think now its just the raptor 90 and the 700

nice quad OP, i wouldn't mine finding an old school wolverine to restore, yamaha FTW

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
they actually discontinued the raptor 250 and raptor 350. I think now its just the raptor 90 and the 700

nice quad OP, i wouldn't mine finding an old school wolverine to restore, yamaha FTW

Just looked and you are correct. :(

Users who are viewing this thread