Auction on Speed Channel

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I didn't get to see the auction for that old Boss niner that went by in Wimbledon white.

I wonder if anybody will try to auction an 03 Cobra with only 221 miles, similar to that old Fairlane with the 427 and drag pack!

[to buyer] Suuuuurrrrre, it's only got 221 miles (put on 1/4 mile at a time hehe)!

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the Boss went for $65,000 and they got 70 for the '67' Fairlane.

I dont know why they used those commentators, they barely know anything about musclecars....its comical actually :lol:

edit: I had the price wrong on the Fairlane

Last edited:

frank3si

Established Member
Unfortunately, they were doing a floor report when the Boss 429 was up :gt: But there is a lot of very cool iron on. And tomorrow too - from 4-9...

Frank

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
they just referred to the "famous car customizer George Barish", which we all know is actually George Barris (King of Kustomizers)....they argued earlier over whether a car on the block was a Cuda or a Challenger, they were confusing a Turbo 400 with the engine size, etc etc...these guys suck! :shrug:

Last edited:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
They have that old fart Brock Yates narrating also. He's too old and doesn't have a clue about muscle cars. New or old. I don't understand why car & driver magazine would keep him on the payroll. Then again, he probably works for free just to have his puss in a magazine. All he's sort of known for is when they used to have the cannonball run years ago. I think he thought up the idea. Big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread