Audi S5 wanted to play...

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Sooooo.... Driving home from the DMV and it's a solid straight run for a couple miles with 2 stop signs in between. Now I normally don't street race but "when in Mexico" as they say. So I come to the first stop sign and stop. My car (2012 GT with Bama 91 race tune Lethal OR/X and GT500 mufflers w/o resonators, 3.73's) is 'camming' at the moment because I uploaded the ghost cam version of the tune, which sounds ****ing amazing with my set up btw. Call it rice but I've owned a camaro with aftermarket cams and the bama tune sounds badass. As such, a guy in a chevy pick up who is making a right hand turn pulls up and says "She sounds good brother!" I give him the obligatory thumbs up and he makes his turn.

As he turns I notice a younger guy (late 20's) pull next to me at the 2 lane stop in a 2012 Audi S5. I pipe it up so he can hear it but don't really give her much throttle as I pull away from the stop sign. We were about half way to the next stop sign (maybe a 1/4 mile) driving side by side and I goose it to see what's up. Well, no response. The guy pretends not to notice. As we come to the next stop sign I'm thinking he's not trying to run and put it in second before taking off again. There's about a 1/4 mile ahead of us, clear as it could be.

I roll off from the stop and hear his automatic down shift. I'm at probably 3500-4000 rpm's so I floor it. Traction control is fully on mind you. I'm running MT street comp 285's but I still spin effortlessly with the 3.73's so 2nd gear was probably the way to go. So we start out dead even and I have a bit of spinnage as I shift from 2nd to third and then comes the ass whooping. I just start pulling and pulling. I had probably 5-7 cars b4 we came to the stop light. He pulls up and says "That thing is nice man." I look at his audi and say "THAT thing is nice man." I noticed the V8 badge on the front fender and ask him if it's the 4.2. He looks at me sort-of confused and I realize I'm not dealing with a car guy here. He says "I don't know man, I just bought it." Oh well, we say our goodbye's and go on our way. Not a bad run. I'm really liking this Bama tune.

Cliffs: a) OP is bushguts
b) races an audi S5
c) wins

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
I went balls out in a 2013 S4 the other day. The trans in those are AMAZING and shift like butter! Great kill there.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yeah those Audi's are no slouches! I've seen some pretty heavily modified ones at some volkswagen shows I've been too. They sound awesome with a nice exhaust, great kill OP! And a total LOL at "I don't know I just bought it"

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I lost it dude when you said, "I pipe it up so he can hear it". I can't stop laughing because thats something I would say. Good kill man! I own docile versions of both rides and I love them.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I lost it dude when you said, "I pipe it up so he can hear it". I can't stop laughing because thats something I would say. Good kill man! I own docile versions of both rides and I love them.

Hahaha. I had an 01 audi a4 as well. It wasn't a bad car for what I paid for it.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Sooooo.... Driving home from the DMV and it's a solid straight run for a couple miles with 2 stop signs in between. Now I normally don't street race but "when in Mexico" as they say. So I come to the first stop sign and stop. My car (2012 GT with Bama 91 race tune Lethal OR/X and GT500 mufflers w/o resonators, 3.73's) is 'camming' at the moment because I uploaded the ghost cam version of the tune, which sounds ****ing amazing with my set up btw. Call it rice but I've owned a camaro with aftermarket cams and the bama tune sounds badass. As such, a guy in a chevy pick up who is making a right hand turn pulls up and says "She sounds good brother!" I give him the obligatory thumbs up and he makes his turn.

As he turns I notice a younger guy (late 20's) pull next to me at the 2 lane stop in a 2012 Audi S5. I pipe it up so he can hear it but don't really give her much throttle as I pull away from the stop sign. We were about half way to the next stop sign (maybe a 1/4 mile) driving side by side and I goose it to see what's up. Well, no response. The guy pretends not to notice. As we come to the next stop sign I'm thinking he's not trying to run and put it in second before taking off again. There's about a 1/4 mile ahead of us, clear as it could be.

I roll off from the stop and hear his automatic down shift. I'm at probably 3500-4000 rpm's so I floor it. Traction control is fully on mind you. I'm running MT street comp 285's but I still spin effortlessly with the 3.73's so 2nd gear was probably the way to go. So we start out dead even and I have a bit of spinnage as I shift from 2nd to third and then comes the ass whooping. I just start pulling and pulling. I had probably 5-7 cars b4 we came to the stop light. He pulls up and says "That thing is nice man." I look at his audi and say "THAT thing is nice man." I noticed the V8 badge on the front fender and ask him if it's the 4.2. He looks at me sort-of confused and I realize I'm not dealing with a car guy here. He says "I don't know man, I just bought it." Oh well, we say our goodbye's and go on our way. Not a bad run. I'm really liking this Bama tune.

Cliffs: a) OP is bushguts
b) races an audi S5
c) wins

Literally laughed out loud.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
The v8 version is not nearly as capable as the boosted six those cars now have. My buddy had an s5 with a catback. It was probably the best sounding v8 I've ever heard, but wasn't the quickest.

primetime

Established Member
Nice kill! The 4.2's are not the fastest w/o serious JHM mods or a blower... RS5's are 12.4 cars stock so they are the exception...The 2010+ V6 SC 3.0L is a pretty nice powerplant... My S4 went 12.8 stock and goes consistent 11.7's at 118-119 with a best of 11.6... Tune, pulley, exhaust, larger HE, and intake... New blower soon... low 11's! Again, nice kill...

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
The v8 version is not nearly as capable as the boosted six those cars now have. My buddy had an s5 with a catback. It was probably the best sounding v8 I've ever heard, but wasn't the quickest.

Nothing like a euro v8 with a miltek catback. It's a growl that puts a smile on my face every time.

Users who are viewing this thread