Audio help!

cmanzi77

Established Member
Ok so I didn't realize until someone sitting in the passenger seat with the volume low that my passenger speaker is blown out. What can I do now? I wanna replace it but where can I get one speaker compatible with the mach 460. Some would probably say replace all with aftermarket but I'm low on money now and need to go cheapest way out. So what should I do guys?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Junkyard? Or hell, pull off the door panel and check all the connections to the speaker on on the speaker itsself. If you can solder and you have the materials, might as well try to fix it yourself. Ive done that from time to time, and it saved me lot of $$ over buying new stuff.

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Ok so I didn't realize until someone sitting in the passenger seat with the volume low that my passenger speaker is blown out. What can I do now? I wanna replace it but where can I get one speaker compatible with the mach 460. Some would probably say replace all with aftermarket but I'm low on money now and need to go cheapest way out. So what should I do guys?

get a 460 stock speaker from someone...plug it in and youre good to go.

if you were closer id say you could have mine...

or replace the front 2 5x7s with a entry level aftermarket speaker....

you can get a bunch of different brands entry level 5x7s from $100 or less...

if you need a hook up i gotcha bro, thats what i do...audio.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
pull out the matching stocks and put in some quality stuff. If you've got the money, pull all four corners. Stock tweeters should be fine as long as your not going nuts. might be tough to finder aftermarket woofers only...and keep that in mind that you DONT want 2 or 3 ways unless you do some rewiring for the component speakers.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Wilson's Ford Salvage in Oklahoma City had a bunch of them a couple years ago. If you replace with aftermarket you will need to change all four to keep them ballanced. I went with 6x8 Pioneer 2-ways myself.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I have a set of door speakers, you can PM me for details... Also, you could go to Best Buy or something and get a set of 2 or 3 way 6x8's... Dont get 4 ways they are too bright... (as in ear pearcing highs)

paintballpyro1

Established Member
i have just went to target or meijer and got those $12 speakers they work as long and you can cut the stock speakers out and wire the new cheap ones in, cant blare it cause they will blow(as will all speakers tho). Save up and buy all new speakers and get an amp and get rid of the mach 460. Im happy with my infinitys now.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you SURE it's the speaker?
it may be the grill.

Next time you hear it, push on the grill just a little and see if the noise goes away.

cmanzi77

Established Member
nah it's definitely the speaker. I like bad93snakes advice:
I'll also call up a couple junkyards too first.
get a 460 stock speaker from someone...plug it in and youre good to go.

if you were closer id say you could have mine...

or replace the front 2 5x7s with a entry level aftermarket speaker....

you can get a bunch of different brands entry level 5x7s from $100 or less...

if you need a hook up i gotcha bro, thats what i do...audio.

Users who are viewing this thread