Audio (Mach 460) question

NODOZE

Established Member
I know my way around car audio equip. But I had a question about the mach... does it have low level outs anywhere?

Basically, I'd like to use the stock head unit (primarily because of the 6 CD changer), and change out everything else. And none of those high to low level converter pieces.

On deck is a 10" JL W7 w/500.1. Eclipse 8065 comp set w/ 300.2.

thanks in advance for any help
-Brian

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
The closest to sub outputs would be the mid bass signal that goes to the back amps. The Mach 460 is tough to modify. The crossovers are in the head unit and it only sends mid range/highs to the front speakers and midrange/lows to the mid bass speakers. I don't know of any way to split up the signal for tweeters, mid range, and sub.

You can add a sub by tapping into the mid bass signal wires that are in the top middle behind the back seats. You need a Line Output Converter spliced in before an aftermarket amp/sub. I also added inline crossovers to kill the higher frequency mid bass in the signal.

Other than adding the sub, I think it's easier to replace the entire system rather than try to use a head unit that seems to be designed to be difficult to add aftermarket components to.

Another choice, which Chicago Mike and some of the guys have been talking about, is replacing the Mach 460 with the Mach 1000. Do a search if you want to read those threads.

If you do decide to use the stock head unit, let us know how it works and what must be changed/modified to make it work.

NODOZE

Established Member
Thanks for the reply.

Ugh, I had expected as much... had a feeling any low level signal coming out was mid bass down since the amp in the head unit does the highs. Oh well, looks like I'm gonna sacrifice the 6 disc changer. Oh well...

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread