auto alarm experts.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
personally i would highly recommend going to a good installer as alarms can often be a huge pain in the ass to install and ive done 2 and that was enough for a lifetime. Not to mention hanging the shock sensor properly etc.

The 5904 is a good unit i've owned the 5901 a few years back.

is it really that hard? i have never done it but it cant possibly be so difficult. i hate paying for shit that i can do. also i have alot of experience with wiring things together. i do it almost every day at work but not automotive related ofcourse.

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I use to compete in car audio and install stuff all the time and vehicle alarms are so much of a pita that im up for paying someone 200$ versus me wasting a few days of muttering lots of profanity just to save a bit of money and not to mention sometimes you have to wire resistors or you can make your door locks fail. You can often have alot of stuff go wrong in the install so i just pay for this one haha. It's usually a 6-8 hours install for a pro fyi.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
I have to agree, installing an alarm is a royal pain in the ass.
Not to mention, if you do it wrong, the alarm will go off randomly and possibly excessively drain the battery.
My friend couldn't leave his car parked for more than 3 days. longer than that the car would not start.
He literally drove around with a jump start box after a while, since he got stuck at a movie theater with a dead battery :p

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I have to agree, installing an alarm is a royal pain in the ass.
Not to mention, if you do it wrong, the alarm will go off randomly and possibly excessively drain the battery.
My friend couldn't leave his car parked for more than 3 days. longer than that the car would not start.
He literally drove around with a jump start box after a while, since he got stuck at a movie theater with a dead battery :p

you guys suck at encouraging someone to try something. i think im going to give it a shot and if i screw it up ill take it to the audio place to have them install it right.

Nuar

Established Member
you guys suck at encouraging someone to try something. i think im going to give it a shot and if i screw it up ill take it to the audio place to have them install it right.
LMAO, have at it man. I was more or less trying to save you the aggravation :)
If you think you can pull it off, all the power to you! I know I can't :p

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
LMAO, have at it man. I was more or less trying to save you the aggravation :)
If you think you can pull it off, all the power to you! I know I can't :p

lol ill order all the parts and if ill see how much they charge me to install it. if its under 150 bucks ill have them install it.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Haha not to try to deter you anymore from doing it yourself, but some alarm setups require you to disengage the factory alarm setup. My old car had a problem where the factory alarm was reading as engaged and the aftermarket was reading disengaged, therefore, anytime I'd open a door the alarm would go off for 15 minutes waking up everyone in the area. Had my alarm dude come out asap to fix that haha.

Users who are viewing this thread