Auto data logging with Wideband Commander

rueljr

Established Member
If you are not using the relay output of your Wideband Commander to trigger NOS or anything else, you can use it to trigger a relay to start the data logging feature of your Wideband Commander everytime you plant your right foot. I have my relay output set up to turn on the data logging whenever I am above 2500 RPM and above 90% throttle position.

To keep the data logging on during shifts, I built a 5-6 second delay turn-off circuit that the relay output triggers. If you don't have a delay turn-off circuit, then every time you lift off the throttle to shift, you start a new log file. Once the delay turn-off circuit is activated by the relay output, the data logging stays on for 5-6 seconds after you lift off the throttle. When you run it through the gears the entire run is data logged in one file, instead of four.

You can still use the manual switch to turn on the data logging as usual if you want to and if you have an LED in the manual circuit it will illuminate when ever the data logging is on (auto or manual).

The total cost of parts to build the turn-off delay circuit was less than $20 at Radio Shack.

If you would like to make one yourself, just PM me with an E-mail address and I'll send you a circuit diagram with a parts list.

Users who are viewing this thread