Auto Locking Hub Question

snkbit99

Established Member
Are there any alternatives to the factory auto lock hubs. I have one bad hub and my local dealer quoted $298 for one hub. That seems a little bit ridicules for one hub.
Thanks
Ed

S.O.B.

Sweet Old Bob!
Established Member
Pretty sure you can convert them to regular Warn hubs. Only disadvantage is leave them locked or get out and lock them when you going to need 4 wheel drive. That has never bothered me. Just curious, how many miles on your truck. My son's 02 has 142,000 and never had any problems out of hubs or unit bearings.

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
Yes, you can have them converted. We have done quite a few over the years, especially with people in the same situation as yours.

snkbit99

Established Member
My truck has 119,00 miles. The ball joints were done before I bought the truck. I just had the drivers side u joint replaced. My mechanic said the hub needed to be replaced. My mechanic is a friend so I know he is not b.sing me. I am not sure if the bearings have ever been done.

Ed

Steve03SVT

Semper Fi
Established Member
I just replaced my auto hubs with Warn Premium Lockout hubs,, took all of 20 mins, a worthy investment,, i think mine were $225 shipped, got them at Tellico 4x4

Users who are viewing this thread