Auto Sales Associates Enter

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
As the title said I am really looking for extending my reach in the business.

Backstory is I used to sell new audis and now I am starting a new job at a used luxury dealer in fishers, Indiana. The lot is on the smaller end with about 80 cars but average is around 45k for cars but go higher as we carry such models as A8L or M6 or c63 AMG. So in other words its aimed at a select crowd of older/richer group than I am used to.

My question is that I am trying to see if there are ways to drum up some larger number of customers. The old dealership had most salesmen around 10-11 cars if they were any good and here there is a high of 6 cars sold for the leader. With a low of none... It seems that they go low volume but still make the same as my last job. Any suggestions to reach a sophisticated crowd to try to make sure that this change of pace doesn't hurt my sales?

I was assuming forums for luxury brands but I am having a hard time finding the SVT of the luxury model world. The guy that sells the most just basically calls every number he can find but going 1/1000 isn't really isn't my style but it seems that's my best bet.

Anyways any advice or sales chat is welcome as I know there are a few of "us" on here. Also if anyone is interested in anything luxury in Indiana just Pm me.

Cheers, Travis :beer:

For those that TLDR: Got new gig at used luxury dealer and want to adapt. Open to as much advice as possible.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
Dont be worried, thats normal for car sales on the higher end, I sell from 9 different franchises and floor traffic varies a ton between brands. Im sure you know more/repeat customers come with time, if the leader is doing only six for the month then I'd shoot for atleast 4...one thing you can do is make a business facebook page, with car of the week, etc...I throw out business cards like theres no tomorrow, and the people I do sell I ask for referrals as well. If you have questions feel free to pm me.

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
Dont be worried, thats normal for car sales on the higher end, I sell from 9 different franchises and floor traffic varies a ton between brands. Im sure you know more/repeat customers come with time, if the leader is doing only six for the month then I'd shoot for atleast 4...one thing you can do is make a business facebook page, with car of the week, etc...I throw out business cards like theres no tomorrow, and the people I do sell I ask for referrals as well. If you have questions feel free to pm me.

Talk about quick response :rockon:

But yea, I guess I will need to try to just slowly work my way back up the ladder. My last job developed referrals and consistency as you mentioned and I forgot the trials of fresh starts ha. Good idea on the business cards as I will try to design some asap.

This is night and day to my 6 franchise, 20 salesmen lot where being outside ready to help and grab ups was everything. I saw guys run to get to people first. Here people would rather be at their desk trying to find numbers to call. Also having 15 brands of luxury or sporty cars to be expert at sucks

I notice most guys stay inside and try to network online or through a phone due to less traffic and ups on the lot, so anyone have advice for places online to scout out prospects?

Last edited:

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned

But yea, I guess I will need to try to just slowly work my way back up the ladder. My last job developed referrals and consistency as you mentioned and I forgot the trials of fresh starts ha. Good idea on the business cards as I will try to design some asap.

This is night and day to my 6 franchise, 20 salesmen lot where being outside ready to help and grab ups was everything. I saw guys run to get to people first. Here people would rather be at their desk trying to find numbers to call. Also having 15 brands of luxury or sporty cars to be expert at sucks

I notice most guys stay inside and try to network online or through a phone due to less traffic and ups on the lot, so anyone have advice for places online to scout out prospects?

AutoAlert

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member

my advantage is that my company advertises a ton and provides the business cards for us, etc.

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
hell yea :rockon:

lol gotta love it

yea, figuring out a similar product right now. Will really improve my organization with customers. Definitely a game changer.

They will give me business cards but might take awhile so might order some to hold me over and show my enthusiasm. I doubt dealer cards with my name hand written would look professional at a place like this.

Anyone ever work at a "one price" place? My employer sets the price very reasonable and says there is no haggling. I am still adapting to the selling process with less price neg.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
yea, figuring out a similar product right now. Will really improve my organization with customers. Definitely a game changer.

They will give me business cards but might take awhile so might order some to hold me over and show my enthusiasm. I doubt dealer cards with my name hand written would look professional at a place like this.

Anyone ever work at a "one price" place? My employer sets the price very reasonable and says there is no haggling. I am still adapting to the selling process with less price neg.

You've just gotta sell the value of the car....it being a higher end dealership I dont see too many people bitching about money at a place like that...if the manager doesnt want you going back and forth with a customer then it is what it is, tell them thats the price and theres no discount because we know we can move the car blah blah blah, but just make sure youve built enough value in the vehicle (to the customer) to get them to agree to the deal.

some things to look into, some of it is dumb but some is really helpful.

paul cummings, ADP training, road to the sale stuff, see if your dealership can offer any of that.

Last edited:

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
source of leads: Golf Country Clubs ( private or semi) bartenders at upscale clubs..offer finder fee. Yes, design a top notch business card. Are your units CPO? this is a VERY
big deal on pre-owned exotics..people are terrified of mechanical problems on high ends.
Good luck...

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
source of leads: Golf Country Clubs ( private or semi) bartenders at upscale clubs..offer finder fee. Yes, design a top notch business card. Are your units CPO? this is a VERY
big deal on pre-owned exotics..people are terrified of mechanical problems on high ends.
Good luck...

Those were exactly what I was looking for. Great ideas. I will be working in the connections. It is different because we get so many out of state customers it is hard to work out networking.

Never_Enough

Established Member

No, shoot for 7.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Never been a car salesmen, but what kinda pay would you get for selling these cars? I suspect the higher end cars you get quite a bit more and its probably a moving scale where you sell more, you get more % of the cut profits?

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
All good info in here already. Gotta remember the high-end market is a much longer turnaround. People spending this kind of money are more deliberate in their decisions and usually average time to buy is 3 months. MAKE YOUR FOLLOW-UPS!

FijiStudios

I Drive Slow
Established Member
hows everyone's sales going? Just wrapping up my first month and it has been a great success with a mixture of amazing cars (amg, m5, cts-v, etc) and my relevant knowledge base. HBU

Users who are viewing this thread